Thread: Deshka Silvers?

Default Deshka Silvers?

How good has the Deshka silver fishing been this week?
    What is everyone using to catch them?

Default Report

I was out there about a week ago, not really all that hot. Most everyone was getting them on eggs then. Good luck if you get down there and let us know...

Monday was no fish.....I ran to the hole below the weir and only seen one dead silver both on the ride up and the float back.

I've heard its been super slow up there lately also. Friends/family went out yesterday and only caught one on willow.

Default Willow

I ran out to Willow a few days ago and worked my tail off to catch 2. About 5 hours of throwing a fly, tons of chums and pinks that you need to get through to get to the silvers. I only saw one other silver landed during the time that I was there.

Default Lake Creek

Don't know about Deska. But, just returned from three days on Lake Creek. Lot's of pinks. No silvers. Water level shot up today with the monsoon yesterday. Hopefully, that will push some fish.

Looks like the fish count is climbing on the Deshka, is any anyone catching fish?

I was out there yesterday and it was dead. The river (Big Su) was very interesting and quite a challenge. The fog was so thick I had a hard time seeing the bow end of my boat. I've run this section of river for years and years, on the way down I ended up in an almost dry channel just above the Deshka. Had to float it out into the main river and the run back up a couple hours later was even worse, although I was able to keep the boat in the main channel. I've seen thick fog out there during moose season but this was the thickest I've ever seen. Several airboats were parked along the river waiting it out and a few hunters who were headed for the Yentna pulled into the Deshka to wait for it to lift. The next time I go out, I'll set a route in my GPS, for sure!
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.