Thread: Silvers out of Seward

Default Silvers out of Seward

How has the silver fishing out of Seward been? Was thinking about going out into resurrection bay on Friday. Have a 15 foot zodiac and my wife and kids so don't want to go past Caines Head if possible. Let me know if it is worth the trip or if I'd be better off standing on a creek bank somewhere.

Thanks

You should be able to do well all over the bay...fish deep as the traffic seems to have pushed them down. In the beginning of July I was catching them in 10' of water but have had to go down to 30' or more as of late.

Default thats far enough

Western,
    Spent last weekend in Thumbcove took out our 16'. Went out to hive island on Sat eve & had them come up to the surface chasing jigs with no other boats around, for a short while it was great fun until we lost the school & started running out of time & daylight.
    Then stayed in thumb on Sunday to fish & did all right. Ended up with5 fish in a couple hours on the south wall ( a lot of boats trolling the north side enterance but it seemed slower there ) then it slowed down. Great weather as well. Saw a lot of boats on Sat on the Caines head side / area & but didnt' feel like crossing the bay to join the mob. It should be worth your time & that will be far enough out that you should catch fish.

Hello,

My neighbor went on a charter Friday. They left at 6:30 and went to 4th of July Creek. They were back on the dock by 8:30 with limits for everyone.(. 6 people I believe.)

Keith

Any idea when they'll start showing up for some shore fishing??

THanks,

Jon