Thread: Pinochle Trail (Hicks Creek)

Default Pinochle Trail (Hicks Creek)

I took my son out on the Pinochle Trail yesterday. It was my first ride out there. Headed East for a few miles then made a pretty long climb to the North. From there we dropped down a steep muddy hill. (Believe it may be appropriatly known as "hell hill". at the bottom of the hill we went back to the east (right) and passed Hicks lake. After about 10 miles we hit Caribou Creek (I think). I was hoping to find a trail going down river back towards the Glenn but only found a trail going up river. I hate going back the same way, but I did. Does anyone know what other options I had. Could I have gone upriver and taken Boulder Creek back. I ws going to try and keep going, but did not want to use more than half my fuel and have to turn back.

Appreciate any info.

Well you could have taken that trail up river for hours, read this thread:http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=15176
    No you can't get over to Boulder and go back to the Hwy except in winter on snowmachine. If the water was low I guess you could go downriver to squaw creek.

Default Thanks

Thanks DWS; I enjoyed to ride and was surprised we never saw another soul. Will head up river next time when I have more fuel. Google Earth indicates that the squaw creek trail was only .88 miles downriver from where I hit Caribou. The water did not seem that high but it could have been a "long" .88 miles to a trail that might not even exist where Google said it does. GPS will be my next purchase!!! Thanks again.

Barley...