Thread: Moose decoy & lure

Default Moose decoy & lure

Hi All, I just ordered some Foggy Mountain Moose cow in heat, wondering if anyone has any experience with it. It is from Maine, marketed by some long time guide and sounds very promising. Also wanting input on Montana Decoys, cow moose decoy, seems like it would work well but would like to hear some others experience before dropping the $ on it. days till moose season!!! Thanks. KK

Love the decoy ,Works good in the area I hunt also good for for yanking your buddies chain while you are hunting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Were I you, I'd spend the $110 for the Montana decoy. I have yet to see anything remotely close to it as for realistic imagery and size. It will literaly stop boats and traffic! Also, this thing packs down to the size of a large plate and is only an inch or two thick. Total weight - about 2 pounds. Obviously this makes it quite easy to bring on any bush planes.

These are a few photographs I have personaly taken of my Montana cow moose decoy.

Through a pair of 10x42 Nikons, 200 yards away.

In the field

Another in the field

Another

4 images look like the max per post. Stay tuned.....

With decoy and my dog. I posted this pic on a different website long ago and was accused of photoshoping it!! BTW, the first time this dog saw this decoy, he went BANANAS!!

Last edited by 379 Peterbilt; 08-14-2007 at 22:18. Reason: Typo, that's why!!

Default decoy

have you had any luck drawing moose in with it though

Personaly, no. Hope to change that about 4 weeks from now.

As said, this thing will stop cars, boats, and make dogs bark like bananas. I think a bull could be suckered, provided no human scent on the decoy, and/or favorable winds and lighting.

I set mine up on a slough on the Yukon 2 years ago and was calling. I had a bull coming in to the call and was focussing in on my decoy. We were on a pretty remote slough and had not seen a soul in 4 days. I have the bull coming in and all of a sudden I hear a boat coming. One of the local villagers seen Cindy standing next to the water and they stopped and had rifles drawn on it. We stood up and yelled at them and they were not happy. My first question was were they going to shoot a cow?

The bull ran off. We then set her up in other meadows and she did work without a doubt. If you trick two of a mooses senses like sound and sight it is almost a done deal. They commit pretty hard.

I have her up in my yard now and had some guy taking pictures two nights ago out in Wasilla.

Default mose decoy any luck

i am really considering buying one of these but want to know if any one had any good luck thanks