Thread: Info on Silvers 8/29 - 9/5

Default Info on Silvers 8/29 - 9/5

Hey All, I will be on my second trip to the great country (oops) state of Alaska. I had a wonderful experience last time. We rent a car in Anchorage and tent it all over the Kenai Peninsula up along Glenn hwy and down to Valdez.
    We fished, the Kenai up near the confluence, also near Soldotna, Seward, Whitter, Homer, Anchor Point, Valdez at Allison point, somewhere else that I canít remember but a beautiful stream near a small little fly tackle shop up in the woods???.
    So to my question, can you recommend other areas to get on some silvers at that time? I love to see the country and wet my line. I mostly cast the hardware but some on the fly. I donít mind hiking.
    I was thinking of the Little Su, but I am not sure if the Silvers will be there then.
    Also, if you know of where the Silvers are hitting over the next 2 weeks it would be really appreciated.
    One last thing; I would like to get a float trip for Silvers if you can recommend a few.

Default Whittier:

You will be in Alaska during a very opportune time for the late run of Silvers in Whittier. They will be accessible in a cove in the far end of Whittier, which you will be able to access by foot. The Silvers swim in schools and you should have plenty of opportunities to land a few. Good luck!

There will be silvers in the little sue then, as well as the susitna streams. Most of them will probably be red at that time but there may be a few nice ones still.

Default Anything else?

Thanks for the info, i have not tried the Little Su area. What about down the Richardson Hwy to Valdez?

kenai pennisula is the place you want to be
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by big_dog60 View Post
    There will be silvers in the little sue then, as well as the susitna streams. Most of them will probably be red at that time but there may be a few nice ones still.

Will the Silvers in PWS out of Whittier be turning red as well. I am hoping to run down over Labor Day and spend a couple of days cruising around attempting to catch Halibut, Salmon, Ling Cod, shrimp and most importantly, smooth seas. LOL I have been striking out so far - so I am guessing it is "Operator Error" since I keep reading about all the successes had by the folks on this forum. Thanks, for the help. Rob

Just returned from Valdez this week. HOT HOT HOT silver fishing. Most everyone was limiting out with average 12 pounders. Derby fish is up around 19 lbs last I checked.

Default Will it last?

Do you guys think it will last for another week and a half?