Thread: Boulder Creek 20A

Default Boulder Creek 20A

I will be going on a fly in in mid Sep, was wondering if ayone have any last minute information or past experiances they would be willing to share? I have searched the archives and found very little information other than it is a good spot.

I fourwheeled in there this past weekend and it is a very popular place!!

He's asking about a different Boulder Creek, in 20A. There are 24 Boulder Creeks in alaska.

Default just my thoughts

If this is the same boulder creek that is roughly 1 hour by plane south of faribanks--foothills to the alaskan range, then I hunted across from it in roosevelt creek, I flew with wright air charters and was suppose to hunt it last fall, but wasnt able due to timing from the desert.

Default Clarification

We will be flying into GMU 20A via Wright Air. Have been planning the hunt since last year, was looking for someone who had first hand experience in hunting the area.

My bad Thunder73, I was thinking of a different Boulder Creek.

Default just my thoughts

ok, bear in mind that it was 2 years ago, I hunted roosevelt creek, which was basically 5 miles away I would guess, but we could see each others areas. There were 4 hunters in boulder creek when I was in roosevelt, we were there the first 10 days of sept, they took 3 bulls--2 over 60 by day 2 and got a 50+ by the 3rd day, if I remember correctly you will be on a hill, so you will have a good vantage point. I asked wright air to fly me over boulder after my hunt so I could look it over, lots of ground below camp, saw bulls fighting down by the main drainage, I don't think you will be dissappointed, had another friend shoot a 51 there last year. Wright air is an outstanding service, if I hunt moose again it would probably be with them. If you are by sportsman warehouse you can get a good topo of the area before you go, good luck