Thread: Boat Storage

Default Boat Storage

What do you guys with the "big" boats do for winter, ie. 26 footers? If you put them into a garage/building how tall does the door have to be? I'm building in the spring and looking for some design guidance. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rav'n Mainiac View Post
    What do you guys with the "big" boats do for winter, ie. 26 footers? If you put them into a garage/building how tall does the door have to be? I'm building in the spring and looking for some design guidance. Thanks.
    Two feet higher than the radome. gps antenna, rocket launcher or whatever else is the highest point on your boat.

Default Boat Storage

I was hoping that someone with a 26 footer could give me an idea how tall the whole set-up is while on rubber. I've measured the lengths and widths including trailer and power plant, but haven't had a chance to measure the height. Thanks.

My 26' North River is approximately 13' tall from the ground to the anchor light. I had the factory radar arch built about 10" taller than the standard arch. Your going to need a pretty big garage, I sure wish I had one that big....

Default Storage

I planned on 16' walls, thanks for your help, sounds like a 14' tall opening of the door will work.

Store it at Elmendorf storage lot. I cover the back with a very large tarp. Once or twice a winter I go out and remove the snow that builds up
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I store my 2859 Bayliner inside.....My door height is 14 feet by 12 feet wide. I am 45 feet deep, gives me working/walk around space. Ram Door services, Denny, is who I worked with. Just don't let anyone talk you into a 12' door.

PM me for a visit if you would like to get some good ideas.

We have a 27' Bayliner with a flybridge. On the trailer it is 13' from the ground to the GPS antenna/anchor light. It would be a foot shorter if we fold those two items down.

Default Electronics Storage

Do you remove your screens for your electronics, fish finders, radar, sonar, etc. during the winter to keep them from freezing?