Thread: My Nemisis, the Little Su

Default My Nemisis, the Little Su

I went back to the Little Su Saturday, since my wife still hasn't caught a fish, and I hear eggs+Silvers+ Little Su + almost a guaranteed thing.

NOPE...had one fish on (for about 30 seconds) in about 6 hours of fishing, and that was on a mag wart. I fished that river several times for kings and for silvers, and have yet to catch anything. I'm using the same things that have worked for kings and silvers elsewhre, but I think that river just has it out for me. As we left there were 270 silvers reported that day, 300+ the day before.

Hope we can get someplace (non-combat) and catch the missus a fish before I leave in a couple weeks.

I went there twice in the last week - same result. I am working on refining my techniques with roe.

I may head out there sometime this week - maybe we can meet up and try to break the skunk together

Guys If They Aint Hitting Eggs Try Something Else. I Had The Same Thing Happen But After Switching Back To Vibrax We Put 10 Or 12 On The Bank In A Couple Hours.

Default no Eggs

I was there saterday to. There did not seem to be many fish but I caught mine and my proxys fish on a Vibrix. The water is high and you have to fish them slow and hope you dont get a snag. used roe for a wile but not a bite the water is high for this time of year that may be way i did not see a fish jump most the day

You just don't know where the fishing holes are, that's all.

Here in Georgia we'd just dynamite them, LOL.

I tried eggs, Mag Warts, vibrax, Spin-N-Glos...there were fish jumping around us...

Just a luck thing, I think. Only thing I've got outta the Little Su so far was the boat wreck (five stitcheds in me nose and $1803 repair bill).

You Got That Right, One Of My Favorite Holes For The Past Two Years Is No Longer A Hole, Its Gone.

I am glad that I am not alone. My family and I got to the Little Su about 1100 and 29 fish had already been taken out. Yesterdays number was something like 349. We fished until about 5 and got skunked. We fished averything in my box but concentrated mostly on eggs. We fished up stream from the launch right by the no wake zone sign. A guy fishing next to me caught 2 off of a blue vibrax. I did not have that color but did try pink, yellow and green. Still beat going to work!

Default me to

I have made 5 trips to the river and last week I finaly got one on a orange vibrex! some times it multiple tripes to learn a river well enough to cath fish.

Default Use The Force?

I fished the Little Su this on Saturday and caught a couple. I have an unfair advantage, by using Jedi mind tricks to will the Fish ON!! The force was strong in me, I took my land speeder South and had both great scenary but nice coho.

TSS

(I used Vibrex spinners, I also confirmed again this year that coho are available in a creek North of Talkeetna cut-off road first week of August)

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

I'll be heading there in about 30 minutes. Finally get to take the boat out again. I spend 95% of my salmon fishing on the little su, and I've fished it for the last 10 years or so. If I get skunked I will be surprised. Nevertheless, I'll report back with what works (just not where)