Thread: Fish count for Valdez and or Seward area

Default Fish count for Valdez and or Seward area

Is there a website that has fish counts for Valdez or Seward area? I could not find it for those areas on the DF&G site. I am coming for my second trip 8/29 thru 9/5. I fly into anchorage and tent it from Homer up to Vadez and anywhere in between. Just wanting to know where the Silvers are at during that week. 2005 they were hittin' hard up in Valdez, but slow everywhere else.

Thanks!

Default It would suck to be a silver in Seward

Quote Originally Posted by fishinit View Post
    Is there a website that has fish counts for Valdez or Seward area? I could not find it for those areas on the DF&G site. I am coming for my second trip 8/29 thru 9/5. I fly into anchorage and tent it from Homer up to Vadez and anywhere in between. Just wanting to know where the Silvers are at during that week. 2005 they were hittin' hard up in Valdez, but slow everywhere else.

Thanks!
    Really no where to count them, at least in Seward. Thy just sort of swim around until they are caught or are dead. Sucks to be them, eh?
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Default Actually...

From what I gather, some silvers migrate up the Resurrection River as well as into the lagoon. Most appear to be designated as a terminal fishery though.

Either way, I'm not aware of any fish counting stations in the Seward area.

Quote Originally Posted by wildog View Post
    Really no where to count them, at least in Seward. Thy just sort of swim around until they are caught or are dead. Sucks to be them, eh?
    But heh, so many people get enjoyment out of them.....that has to count for something.

Default If there is reincarnation, I don't want to be a salmon...

Quote Originally Posted by fishinit View Post
    But heh, so many people get enjoyment out of them.....that has to count for something.
    Hey, it would suck to be a salmon period. I mean the best you could hope for is a quick death by a bear or an orca or something, or the jedi's hook. Spawning out and falling apart in a river man, no fun
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.