Thread: Gun Not Sighting in

MNTS_R_MY_PLYGRND

Default Gun Not Sighting in

Ok so I know it might be a little weak to start a thread with a question about a pellet gun not sighting in within the same category as threads about .375s and .416s but what the heck. I recently bought a Gamo pellet gun out of cabelas for squirres and what not. Anyways went to sight it in and it was WAY low. So low in fact that with the scope maxed out on the upward dial it is still about 5" low at 25 yards. Is there someway to possibly shim the scope in the front or some other way to get this setup to work. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Smile

If your moose rifle is hitting below the point of aim you'll want to shim the rear mount of the scope to point the scope down to the point of impact.

Any good shim material will work, I like to use a dead cat. Just obtain one medium sized cat and flatten it on a hard road surface for a few days until the right thickness, then stuff it under the scope mount and tighten as usual.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Any good shim material will work, I like to use a dead cat. Just obtain one medium sized cat and flatten it on a hard road surface for a few days until the right thickness, then stuff it under the scope mount and tighten as usual.
    Why didn't I ever think to use a cat??? I've only ever used paper and pieces cut from pop cans. Next time it's a cat for sure!

The first thing I do with such rifles is to take the scope off, and replace it with a Red Dot sight. Yes, the battery can go dead eventually, but you can also carry a spare one.

My wife has a couple of cats...send a PM for shim pick-up time.