Thread: Saltwater Coho Fishing From Shore

Default Saltwater Coho Fishing From Shore

So, I'm down here in Juneau, and wondering what are some of the better lures to use for casting to Coho's from the shore?

....as well as any hot spots down around here that anyone may know about!

1 and 2 oz. kastmasters, 1/2 oz. and 7/8 oz. pixees with pink, chartreuse or green inserts will work, size 4/5 vibrax spinners, and herring under bobber will catch silvers from the shore.

I've caught saltwater cohos from shore on those storm wildeye jigs, given how they take flash flies and clousers in the estuaries I'd go with anything that looks like fish, and of course the old alaskan hooker aka snagger hook down at dipac. Kodiak custom tackle spinners are better than vibraxes because they are all stainless steel so they won't rust after a week, but I'm not sure you can buy em anywhere in juneau.

Hows the silver run looking so far by the way? Its pretty dang slow up here hoping J town has a good run this fall so I can get my coho fix
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Trolling has faired decent results - Thought havent seen any hogs yet....Seems that the run may be late or slow to get going. I was not overally impressed with the derby results this year...