Thread: 17B Moose Numbers???

Default 17B Moose Numbers???

Only 3 weeks left and we'll be departing for 17B Moose hunt!! Extremely pumped! Anyone in their travels been in/over/around Wood Tickchik Park? Moose numbers look decent?

Default Nobody?

Nobody been over 17B? ....just bringing it up front again for a new batch of viewers...

Eagle River

I've hunted the upper area of 17B, specifically Nishlik lake but it is just tundra there and little to no moose. I've talked to a few people and the central areas of 17B had been producing moose a few years ago but I really don't know what's been happening for the last two years.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Who is flying you in?

I was in !7b, Wood Tikchik area last September on a moose hunt. Saw 1 cow & calf. Lots of black bears and a few browns. 1/2 a dozen caribou. My partner and his guide did get 2 sub-legal bulls in close. The weather was terrible, very wet and to warm.

Bristol bay

A friend was up at Chikuminuk Lake a week ago and saw very little for moose sign. He did shoot a Caribou about 3 hrs before the plane was due to pickup. He only saw 3 Caribou for 5 days but the fishing was good. Do you know what lake you'll be hunting on? 17b is big, to ask " How are moose numbers in 17b is pretty vague. Moose per Sq mile vs Moose per sq mile of Moose habitat. Just like politicitians, you can paint a rosy picture or doomsday by how you word something. KK

We'll be on Chauekuktuli, between Chikumunik and Nuyakuk. Bay Air is flying us in, out of Dillingham. Will have 'bou tags as well and probably going to gran a bear tag. Have boat, so we can cover the whole lake to access different terrain if needed.

Thanks for any additional input.