Thread: I Already Know It Doesn't Exist... ...

Default I Already Know It Doesn't Exist... ...

But, what boot do you reach for when you want a rubber, waterproof 16" boot, and need ankle support?

I'd suggest you wear an ankle wrap and a "ankle fit" rubber boot such as the Lacross Grange/Big Chief/Burley series.
    You could also look into a high end aftermarket, or custom insole for further stability.

Default ...

muck boots seem to be a little better than the others i have tried when it comes to ankle support ...

Default Options

Muck boots are tried and true. I have been looking at a boot made by Chota-called a Mukluk. They have diffrent models of them. Hope this helps. Try chota.com or muckboot.com.

Default Muck Boot Review

I just finished field testing the Muck Boot hip wader (results)

+ 1: Very Comfortable
    2: Great ankle support and very warm

Thats about all the good, these were the loudest waders I have ever worn, after 10mins they were off and put on the shelve. Great concept but there is now way you good do a stalk wearing these waders way too loud. I kow you probably only want a review about knee highs but thougt this might help some way.

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonsmw View Post
    I just finished field testing the Muck Boot hip wader (results)

+ 1: Very Comfortable
    2: Great ankle support and very warm

Thats about all the good, these were the loudest waders I have ever worn, after 10mins they were off and put on the shelve. Great concept but there is now way you good do a stalk wearing these waders way too loud. I kow you probably only want a review about knee highs but thougt this might help some way.
    Not at all. I love the info. I'll be taking the Muck Masters on my trip, as well as the Cabelas bog buster ankle fit hip wader. I didn't even know muck made a hip wader.

My hunting buddy broke his ankle a few years ago. He is really concerned about ankle support. He ended up buying a leather, waterproof "snakeboot". I thought they were better suited to the desert. My fear is that even being waterproof, it may not stay waterproof after a few wet (I hope not) days.

Default Lacrosse Boot

I have worn for several years the Lacrosse Alpha Sport Knee high and find the support to be great and comfortable, I hike several miles through some crazy stuff and at the end of the day no problems.

They aren't rubber, but I picked up a set of Lacrosse snake boots at the Sports Authority a while back for about $20 on closeout. Guess the idea of snake boots didn't go over real big here.
    BUT, they are about 17", are Gortex, uninsulated, & lace full length for great support. I used them on a canoe trip thru the Swan Lake system this spring & they kept my feet DRY.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default 16" rubber boots

Extra-Tuffs, AKA Ketchikan sneakers,Sitka sneakers, red rubbers. Wear them quite often in the muskegs, beaches, some mtn. climbing/hunting.

Good support!

kingfisherktn

Default Knee boots

I have used X-tra tuffs for years, but I have good ankles. Marty at Gunsmoke taxidermy used to use a rubber knee boot for sheep hunting. I think they were called Nokia and had a liner. Might look those up or call Marty and ask him. 907/490-3095. By the way, he is a real artist. I love his work.