Thread: Silvers in seward?

Default Silvers in seward?

Fished seward one day. Fish House said pixies and herring works well for silvers. during high tide we could see schools of fish from the pier.. lots were jumping.. none were interested in herring.. buddy caught 1 silver and we caught about 10 pinks.. were they all pinks that we saw near the culvert or some of the huge schools were silvers as well? If silver hit herring.. and none of those fish did.. then they must be pinks jumping all over the place?

Default yip

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    Fished seward one day. Fish House said pixies and herring works well for silvers. during high tide we could see schools of fish from the pier.. lots were jumping.. none were interested in herring.. buddy caught 1 silver and we caught about 10 pinks.. were they all pinks that we saw near the culvert or some of the huge schools were silvers as well? If silver hit herring.. and none of those fish did.. then they must be pinks jumping all over the place?
    Mostly pinks, they are there first, silvers right behind. Have fun catching pinks though, just never admit to doing it...
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Default Bay silvers...

When does the bay usually peak in Seward and when does it start to taper off?

Wink Won't be long...

Labor Day weekend is a good time to try for silvers from the shore in Seward.

Most people are snagging with weighted treble hooks, but that tactic is unnecessary if you're interested in sportfishing rather than just harvesting for the freezer. Silvers are agressive and will readily strike lures when given the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Labor Day weekend is a good time to try for silvers from the shore in Seward.

Most people are snagging with weighted treble hooks, but that tactic is unnecessary if you're interested in sportfishing rather than just harvesting for the freezer. Silvers are agressive and will readily strike lures when given the opportunity.

I'm guessing that the numerous schools of fish i saw near the culvert were all pinks? cause all we caught were pinks.. but supposedly the silvers were in.. so i wasn't sure if the silvers went on a no bite mode once inside the bay.. party boats came back with limits of silver.. so maybe they were near shore yet... i was somewhat confused when the fish house said they were in.. and suggested lures and bait.. we only used 2 herring.. chummed a few and threw the reswt away as nothing was interested in it.. did catch some pinks on vibrax