Thread: where do you buy your guns??

Question where do you buy your guns??

Hoping to pick up a few rifles in the not-too-distant future and wondering if anyone has suggestions as to the best location. I'd prefer to find someone on the Peninsula, but would drive for a stealing good deal. I always aim to please the little guy with good customer service too. Any good gunsmiths/retailers down here?

-Buck

Depends on where I can find the best price. Lately, its been on the internet. My last one, being a 375 Ruger, was bought locally about a week or so ago.

www.auctionarms.com and then just have a friend with a FFL. Some killer deals there.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Lately its been auction arms or gunbrokers. I also deal with gunrunners here in town, they do have some decent deals, some crazy but you have to know what your looking for.

for the last year or 2 I have been putting my own together. Buying parts off the internet, its the same or cheaper than buying factory plus its set-up the way you want. Alittle bit more time consuming but worth it in the long run.

75% I order from Boondocks in Eagle River. The remaining 25 from online forums or auction sites.
    I like keeping my business and money locally but will only do so if it does not cost me an extra arm and a leg to do so.
    Tennessee

Another vote for Boondocks, they have great prices and service. I've bought a gun here and there from most shops in Anchorage when I find an interesting used gun.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I don't buy many guns,
    and the latest ones have been at gun shows,
    but IMO,
    and as far as a store goes,
    you can't beat Great Northern Guns on Tudor Road in Anchorage. Their prices are good too.

If you're sure of what you want, Ted Ireton, ("Ireton Sports") will order anything he doesn't have already, and the price will be right. You can call him, as he works out of his home.
    907-333-7602

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Thumbs up Thanks!

Appreciate the replies, I think I will wait until the Sheep hunters get off the mountain before I go making any long trips.

I know that I want a Kimber Montana wsm (probably .300, still nervous about the future of the .325) and a CZ .22 LR (can't remember the exact model off the top of my head).

Also need to pick up a side arm, but don't have experience with the larger calibers, so I am hoping to find someone who will invite me to (or me pry the into letting me) knock off a few rounds to see what I am comfortable with. Any gun shops allow you to do this around here? Don't mind paying a small fee...rather find something I am comfortable with rather than purchase outright to find out differently later.

Anybody in specific that would give me a better deal if I bought/ordered all the arms at once?

Thanks again!
    Joshua

Default Kimber/CZ

Great Northern Guns carries the CZ line as well as Kimber at below retail prices. The service and wealth of knowledge there that are impressive.

Thumbs up Where abouts?

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    Great Northern Guns carries the CZ line as well as Kimber at below retail prices. The service and wealth of knowledge there that are impressive.
    Thanks! Where are they located?

There is a 300 WSM montana that Wild west guns is selling on auction arms for a pretty good price, you might want to check it out.
    \
    http://www.auctionarms.com/search/di...temnum=8125175

I have bought several guns from Great northern and it is my first stop when gun shoping. I will even spend a little more at GN than some of the other shops in town.

That is a good deal for that Montana. I might have to scoop that one up...

Wink Easy Cowboy!

Quote Originally Posted by Thebear_78 View Post
    There is a 300 WSM montana that Wild west guns is selling on auction arms for a pretty good price, you might want to check it out.
    \
    http://www.auctionarms.com/search/di...temnum=8125175
    Thanks for that hit! Is Wild West Guns located here in AK? If memory serves...

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    That is a good deal for that Montana. I might have to scoop that one up...
    Hey...Back off buddy! We can do this the easy way or the hard way...chances are the guy with the most bucks is gonna have the advantage at the end of this showdown

-Buck

WWG is in anchorage on the frontage road between dowling and dimond.

Thumbs up Thanks!

I figured I read that somewhere...then saw it right on the link duh