Thread: 700 polaris w/tracks

Default 700 polaris w/tracks

has anybody tried one of these? saw one at sea marita, looks like quite a swamp buggy. has a track at each wheel.

Default Tracks

I havent seen a tracked Polaris in person but I did have the pleasure of taking a peek at a tracked KQ 700. The ground clearance the tracks added was unreal. He was going to let me take it for a spin but he busted a tie rod end the day before and that winter he busted an axle. The tracks cause a lot of wear and tear.

I ran into a guy gassing up his truck in Trapper Creek last year that had one. That thing looked way crazy. He said in the swamps, they were fantastic but trail running, not worth the arm effort. I guess steering is just horrific, which makes sense. He had just put them on so he didn't have any winter use on them yet.

I hear they decrease gas mileage significantly too. Though they look cool and all, i would be very worried about them wearing out parts and I imagine the turning radius must be similar to a semi.

I do wish I could try it out though in the winter. I can't justify having a snow-machine anymore but do miss it. It would be neat just to throw those on for the winter.