Thread: Me, My Truck, and My 416WBY

Default Me, My Truck, and My 416WBY

Thought I would put a face to my post

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Smile

Nice lookin' Weatherby, nice lookin' truck..........nice lookin' weatherby. :-)
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Nice lookin' truck and rifle! I like how your avatar keeps changing. I'm waiting for you to add a .577 T-Rex to the right of the .416!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by AKWannabe View Post
    Nice lookin' truck and rifle! I like how your avatar keeps changing. I'm waiting for you to add a .577 T-Rex to the right of the .416!

Dave
    Hey, was that not a cool video of some guys shooting the .577 T-Rex?? I never laughed so hard as when I saw that video. For anyone who has not seen it here is a link. Enjoy, I sure did!

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=920d51d3.flv
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

That's a nice portable deer stand you got there. Makes me think about the picture of Elmer Keith shooting a 50 BMG bolt action off the roof of a car. Page 270 of Hell I Was There. Remember, off the roof with a muzzle brake, not off the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer55 View Post
    That's a nice portable deer stand you got there. Makes me think about the picture of Elmer Keith shooting a 50 BMG bolt action off the roof of a car. Page 270 of Hell I Was There. Remember, off the roof with a muzzle brake, not off the hood.
    Can you imagine the burn stain that this baby would put on my truck if I were to use it as a rest????
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

I think you can get something to prevent that at a county fair.

I think you can get something to prevent that at a county fair.
    Don't quit get your message, guess I am a little slow
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Yea, me neither. I guess he's talkin' about the snake-oil vendors at the fair/carnivals....if so...

Dave

I was referring to the guys that sell the car finish that protects from EVERYTHING and they use the trick of using a low temp flammable to show that it even protects against fire for a couple of seconds anyway.

I was referring to the guys that sell the car finish that protects from EVERYTHING and they use the trick of using a low temp flammable to show that it even protects against fire for a couple of seconds anyway.
    Okay, I see, but I don't think that will protect the truck surface against scoring powder residue being blown out across the paint like a blow torch.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Default Ya mean.....?

Scorched spots, and a LOT of them on the hood, roof fenders and tailgate of a pickup aren't standard equipment? Empty .22 shells between the dashboard and windshield, and rattling around in the defroster ducts? That ONE .30-06 round that ended up jamming the heater fan when I unloaded the rifle in a hurry and threw the rounds on the dash? Feathers, fur and a bit of blood under the seat? How 'bout that can of worms that I forgot behind the seat in June and found in August?
    And I thought that EVERY pickup on the planet has to have enough windshield bashing rocks stored in the frame rails and fenders to take out rush hour traffic for 30 miles!

Nice rifle!

Default Darreld...

that sounds like some city slickers' truck!

Dave

Default Funny

Quote Originally Posted by beartooth View Post
    Hey, was that not a cool video of some guys shooting the .577 T-Rex?? I never laughed so hard as when I saw that video. For anyone who has not seen it here is a link. Enjoy, I sure did!

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=920d51d3.flv
    That was very funny. I had never seen that video. I will have to show that to the guys at work.