Thread: 'Tis the season for 20 Mile?

Default 'Tis the season for 20 Mile?

It seems kinda early for 20 Mile silvers... anyone been up to scout it out lately? There are more & more trailers in the parking area every time I drive by!

I was gonna go the other day but decided to wait another week. I called F&G they said the same thing. Week - 10 days is what they told me. Let me know how it was when you do go.

Default average

I guy at work today said the fish were there. Not in huge numbers by any means but if you are the 1st to the hole you will catch your fish. I guess the only problem is with the tide this weekend you will have to be up early to get their 1st.

that river is way too small for the amount of people that are going up it these days. We've fished there for the past 30 years and ended up selling the river boat becuase of the crowds there. Used to have the whole river to ourselves for a week at a time, not any longer. oh well.

btw, the fishings GREAT! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AKMarmot View Post
    I guy at work today said the fish were there. Not in huge numbers by any means but if you are the 1st to the hole you will catch your fish. I guess the only problem is with the tide this weekend you will have to be up early to get their 1st.

Why is the tide a concern? For launching reasons or for fish catching? I have never paid much attn to the tide when going there. Should I be? I've never had any problems. I have been told that when the tide is high you can't get under the RR bridge. But I've never had any problems. Should I pay more attn to the tide? Also what "hole" are you refering to? I know of only one hole up the river lol! Its a good one at least the times when I've been there it has been good to me lol! PM me if you feel like sharing info on holes to try out. Thx!