Thread: 28' Bayliner...Deal...or no deal?!?

Question 28' Bayliner...Deal...or no deal?!?

This boat has been parked at West Marine all season. Seller just dropped asking to 36K. Opinions?

Thanks

DC

Default P.S. 10' beam...

P.S. 10' beam...

DC

Do yourself a favor and ask this question on the Bayliner's newsgroup
    http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/

You'll find people there who know the good and bad about this boat. What bothers me is the rebuilt engine and rebuilt trailer. A new trailer will cost you around $6,000-8,000 if it's on it's last leg. And is the engine fresh water cooled or raw water cooled? Will make a big difference. If you're serious about the boat, I highly recommend a marine survey (keep in mind that a marine surveyor will examing the boat minus the engine and outdrive). You may also want to contact Burkshore Marina in Big Lake. they're the local Bayliner dealer and also do Bayliner work. Tell them the boat's name (and hull ID number) and ask if the'll look up the maintenance history. If not, ask the seller to call where he's had it serviced and ok your inquiry.

I bet the motor is a huge carbed big block and if it is you are going to be getting at best 1 mpg when cruising. Besides what the other posters recommended can you live with the fuel consumption?
    Tennessee

Anchorage only because that's where the work is

I would never buy a boat without putting it through a real test,that is at least an all day and with a boat like this an overnight trip would be best,I would offer to pay all expences and even a little more.That's the only way to get a good idea of what your getting into and to know your mpg.(I would also do the checks in the other replys)A bravo 3 dual prop will get better mpg.