Thread: New Wheels and Rims for Honda

Default New Wheels and Rims for Honda

A friend of mine has some extremely bald tires on his mid 90s honda fourtrax. I I believe the tires he has on it now are 8" wide inthe front and 11" in the rear. I told him I'd try to keep an eye out for new tires or a new tire/rim combo if it would work as well. I was wondering if a 9 or 10" wide tire/rim combo would work in the frotn as well at a 10 or 12" wide tire/rim would work in the rear. Anyone with any input or where he might be able to find a decent deal on some new tires would be helpful. Thanks

Default Mudlites

Recently purchased Mudlites for my 1996 Honda fourtrax 300.

I stuck with the 25x10 / 24x9 so I can use the stock rims and save several dollars.

Cost was just under $400 which includes mounting. I may have been able to save a few more bucks by shopping around but time is money

Hartley Motors in Palmer / Wasilla

if you want to save money on rims, get some honda fourman wheels they work great on the fourtrax. I have them on all 3 of my 300's and i run 28" outlaw tires.

Default tires

Valley Moto, talk to JC he has very good prices

PM sent Lanche.

Default Update

Good Stuff! Can't believe I have run with stock tires this long.

1996 Honda Fourtrtax 300
    25x10 / 24x9 ITP Mudlites on stock honda rims.

Noticed zero power loss, improved frontal control in mud. The extended grab on the sidewalls seems to be the real difference. The deep holes I had problems with before now merely require a slight "butt nudge" rather than a full "straight axle rockin' "

However... no more zooming down the dirt road at full throttle with kiddos on board. Front end wants to grab/pull beyond my comfort level and said load

Thanks to all that post on this site. It was you that allowed me to make an informed decision even before I decided to buy.

Edit: Sorry for trolling your thread Alaska_Lanche ... Hope you get the info you need
    Last edited by junkak; 08-24-2007 at 01:45. Reason: ima troll

Thumbs up 1988 Honda Foreman

I just replaced my original tires with Mudlites. I used the stock rims also......still had several years left in the old tires but wanted something new on 1988 Foreman besides a oil change!
    Alaska