Thread: Access to Russian Confluence

Default Access to Russian Confluence

I've been fishing the confluence and the sanctuary at the russian and was wondering if there is an easier way to get there. I've been parking at grayling at the russian river campsite and walking along the russian river (about 20 min each way). Is there an easier way to get there (other than the ferry itself)? It seems like people walk across the kenai just above the ferry; is this possible?

ummm what exactally is hard about a 5 minute walk?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Didn't he say 20min, wich is it. i would like to know, since i will be there next week for the first time.

You mean from grayling to the confluence? That always seems more like 20 minutes to me (maybe from the anticipation of fishing). I don't mind the walk; it's beautiful. It's just that I go after work in Anchorage sometimes for quick limits and I'd like to be as efficient with that time as possible. On weekends I definitely enjoy a more lesiurely stroll down the russian.

Thumbs up

quick limits sounds good , thats where i want to go! hope i can finnd it.

Be careful about the quick trips after work from Anchorage these days. I just got back 15 minutes ago. You had better plan at least 1 or 2 30+ minute waits along the way for road construction on weekdays. The sign said they are not working the weekends though. Also be aware that we drifted the Kenai and there are not too many fish (reds) in the river. Very weird. I have fshed (and guided) there for over 30 years and have never seen this few fish in the river at this time of year! Just sayin'... The couple we caught were VERY small. More like the reds that come out of the Kasilof. Weird...

Just got back and it was NOT good. Caught two tomatos, which I threw back. Snagged or lost a few small chromers, and left with nothing. It was SLOOWWWW. Are the fish in skilak?