Thread: Barnes TTSX

Default Barnes TTSX

It's probably no surprise to many here...Barnes just announnced that later this year they will be coming out with a plastic tipped version of their TSX (TTSX), which will be available to us in 2008 for a handful of calibers. I've pasted the link if you want to read the brief notice.

http://www.barnesbullets.com/resourc...rnes-bullet-n/

...is anyone else but me picturing concentric rings on the shafts of future Nosler e-tips?

those look like the MRX...they have a lead core.

They look like the MRX but do not have the Tungsten core.The new TTSX will be completely copper just like the TSX but with a bigger cavity and the plastic tip to help get the BC a little higher and too help with expansion (which some people have claimed to have happen).

Right now I am shooting the 150gr MRX in my .308 and am very happy with them.However I have not had a chance to harvest anything with them yet,so I do not know about the higher expansion rate and and terminal performance.

I do not like the price though,I pay $32 for a box of 20.Still chepaer then buying premium factory ammo though.

Tim

So, are the TTSX going to cost about 40 for 20? (just a joke and WAG) The TSX are good enough for the distances that I shoot and the price is right on them. So, with shooting the MRX, are they that much better than the TSX? I also forgot the MRX has a tungsten alloy in the core.

Some of the guys on the forum have tried the MRX, but that's a different story...I haven't...just too pricey for me (although that's relative, because our shooting hobby/passion is sure not inexpensive). I've not heard anything about the projected market price of the TTSX's. It was not mentioned in the annoucement from Barnes that I received. It will be disappointing if they are priced comparable to the MRX's, but I doubt that will happen.