Thread: need info on whittier fishing

Default need info on whittier fishing

I am looking for infor on fishing whittier. I will be there on the 18th, where do you fish, and will there be silvers available from the bank. I have never been to whittier, and any info on tackle, or miscellaneous would be helpful. thanks, fisherking.

I haven't fished there in a year but,,,,,,,,,the timing on the run is hard. You can call the rst/bar in town to see what is up or the harbormaster. There isn't a whole lot of buildings in Whittier. There is a big highrise type that is where the majority of folks live. Behind that is an abondoned building. Drive around and behind that building and you will come to a picnic pavilion. There is a small cove there and stream. I think it may be called smittys cove. Anyway you can fish there. ONce the silvers are in you can fish anywhere from shore and snag the heck out of them. There are also two streams in Whittier. Salmon river 1 and salmon river 2. I have found #1 but not the second one.
    Mainly I always just have trouble timing it. I hit it one year about 5years ago, and CRUSHED them. I go back every almost year and haven't had a day like that since. Good luck.

Call Whittier Boats, a sponsor of this forum. They should be able to help you out.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

I just want to say thanks for the information, also were driving from anchorage. Have you had any luck on bird creek? Were on our way to Cordova, my brother lives there, the fishing is always excellent, just never been through whittier thanks again.