Thread: Accommodations in Kotzebue:

Thumbs up Accommodations in Kotzebue:

Hi guys:

Every year I get the same questions from my clients on where can a guy stay while in Kotzebue. We have only had 2 options for the past 2 years, one being the NANA Hotel and other a B & B. I have put up most of my guys in the B & B as it has been a little less expensive then the hotel but they are both getting more pricy every year.

I was approached by the owners of Drake Construction 2 weeks ago. They operate a large construction company here in Kotz and also operate a “Man Camp” The “Man Camp” is used for crews but this year there has been fewer construction crews in town and the Drakes would like to offer the camp for the upcoming hunting season. The camp is 6 bedrooms with bunks or 2 twins in each room, a shared bath (2 baths) and a large shared kitchen/dining/living room. I don’t like to push one business over another but this is where a lot of my guys will be staying this year.

Cost: The cost is $85 single per night or $95 double per night. This is about ˝ of the cost of the other options in town and may be what your looking for while you up in Kotz this year. You can reach Drakes Construction at 907-442-3512.

Good luck and if you need anything to complete your hunt please give me a call.

Northwest Alaska Back Country Rentals
    Your best bet in rafts, canoes and camp rentals in all of NW Alaska

North Pole, Alaska

Hard one.
    There are a couple of places I would suggest.
    Bayside Inn which is a Vietnamese owned place.
    You could reserve by credit card and put food on the room charge, too.
    Hard to communicate though because of the language barrier.
    Person to ask for is Young Lee. She is a VERY nice lady.
    The other place that I would suggest is the Nullagvik Hotel.
    Website is:
    Again, very nice people.

I don't know what prices are, but they are reasonable for Kotz area.

Those are the only 2 places that I really know of.

Let me know what pans out for you.