Thread: weihrauch air rifle

Default weihrauch air rifle

I am trying to find out more about an air rifle. This is the information on the gun:
    Weihrauch Venom HW80K W. Germany .22 s/n 1065593. This gun has a beautiful thumbhole stock, what appears to be an adjustable recoil pad/but plate, gold anodized trigger guard, and a scope (which I did not look at closely).

Any clues or information on this specific gun would be appreciated. Also, any idea on what it is worth?
    Thanks

I'm not familiar with that model, but years ago the ADF&G hunter ed program had a dozen or so Weihrauch's. Superbly accurate with the aperture sights they had on them. Don't know what ever became of them. Could be sitting in a closet somewhere or could have melted away. You might check with some of the air gun sites about value. They weren't cheap to begin with, and accurate as they are they should be desirable.

Based upon my experience with their airguns, I bought one of their rimfire target rifles. Paid about the same as a comparable model Anschutz target rifle, and it was worth every cent.

Default Venom 80K

I have found their home site and asked quetions. Actually got a quick response out of Germany. Another company takes the HW80K and tricks it out. How? Beyond me. Don't know a thing about high quality air rifles. Beman is tied in somehow too, but still trying to unravel it all. I have friend looking to sell this gun, and we want to find out what the value is today. He paid a lot for it 10 years ago.
    From what I can figure the 80 models chronograph the .22 pellet at over 800fps. Sounds pretty good to me. Anyway, I am still looking for help. Drop a line if you know anything. thanks.

The Air Gun Forum is a pretty busy place, with a collecting section and another for member sales. Seem like some pretty dedicated folks over there, so you might get the answers you want from their archives or by posting questions.

I've never been around a Weihrauch 22 cal air rifle, but that is a hot velocity. I bet cocking effort is going to top 40 pounds. The ADF&G guns I was shooting were in the 750 fps class with 177 pellets, with cocking effort was down around 20 pounds. My current Beeman R-7 is much the same in both velocity and cocking effort. Accuracy is on par too. I was sighting it in with a scope the other day and got 25 yard groups less than 1/4-inch with non-match pellets. Subsequently benching it at 50 yards opened the groups up to about 3/4 inch, but a breeze would really knock them sideways.

BTW- At the time I bought my rimfire Weihrauch, Beeman was the official importer for their whole line of rimfires and air guns, both handguns and rifles. I let that rimfire escape and still rue the day.

I was looking for something else and came across this listing for the 80. It's currently available and sells for around 300 pounds or $600 at that site. Looks like it has a conventional stock rather than a thumbhole, and puts out 720 fps. It's a guess, but at that velocity you might be able to get by with a conventional air rifle scope rather than a magnum version, which would save you some bucks in the end.

Default Thanks Mr. Bear

That site may be just the ticket. Looks like a bunch are in England, but it is a good starting place.
    I never thought much about air rifles in the past. If I were going to get a target shooter, one like this would be just what the doctor ordered.

I believe Beeman was the exclusive importer for some years. As far as tuning spring piston guns for more power, the valving can be tweaked, and a heavier spring can be fit.

Precision spring piston air rifles are definately great tools. I have an old Beeman R7 that is very accurate. The piston seals did crap out after 20 years so I need to get it rebuilt.

Default AK air rifle clubs?

Are there any groups of folks in AK that get together to fondle air guns? Any names or information would be cool.

Not that I know of. But any time I bring up air rifles with the better marksmen I know, all enthusiastically report that they shoot them often- almost always solo at home. Among my friends, we acknowledge that it would be fun to get together, but already have trouble finding time to get together for other shoots.

I'm debating inviting several over for a shoot at my house- Indoors if the weather is bad, but preferably outdoors with reactive targets at different ranges. That's a lot more likely to work than anything formal in our neighborhood.