Thread: Trophy 2002

Default Trophy 2002

Considering a new/used purchase and wanted to pick your brains on the quality/ride/usefulness of the Trophy 2002 21" walkaround. Seems to me it would fair well in our weather and be a good platform for some on water camping for me and the lady. The fuel cell is 85 gallons and most are equipped w/120-150 horse outboards...just wondering if anyone has any firsthand knowledge or even an opinion as a passenger.

All experience and thoughts welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

For my .02 cents I would rather have a boat with a hard cabin and locking door.
    Other than that I feel the Trophy's are worth what they are selling for. Really not a top end boat but then they are not priced like one either. They should offer reliable service. I would make sure it had enough motor on it before buying used.
    Tennessee

Smile Boat

Check out the WOOLDRIDGE 23' Deep Water for sale. Clean.loaded and a steel at that price. The 115 yamaha's on mine burn 6.5 gph @ 4200 rpm=27-31mph. I looked at this boat and it is truly a turn key rig.

Default Trophy boats

I've got some time in Trophy's (and lots of other brands/types) and find them to be very satisfactory. Good value, solid boats, sea-worthy and well built...(despite what the "Bayliner thrashers" might say; go to the factory and watch them build one, I did). Sure, there's lots of other good boats out there, but you can't go too far wrong with a Trophy as long as you get the model that meets your needs/wants. I hear the "low resale, poor workmanship, lots of problems" stuff about just about every boat brand but I'm here to tell you that my Bayliner (yep, I own one!) is worth $40K more today than I paid for it new ten years ago...and I haven't had anything much more than normal maintenance/wear & tear items to replace...my first Bayliner was the same way. Sure, you can spend alot more money for a similar-size/type boat in another brand and it might even be worth more later on, but probably not as much as the initial price differential...so get what you want and spend some time shopping; it's half the fun! SEMike

We had a 21 foot trophy and loved it, we had it in some pretty rough seas and it handled well, would still have,but the one we had was under powered. it came with a 3.0 engine and thats not big enough, it needed a 5.0 or a 5.7. We stayed aboard for a week at a time and had it all over the sound. We fished four people many a time. With my wife and I we had lots of room.

Thanks for the responses guys....anybody else have any experience??