Thread: A Rookie Sheep Hunter Thank You!

Default A Rookie Sheep Hunter Thank You!

A big shout out to all you guys on the forum who had to suffer thru my last 2 years of sheep fever. I logged on as a guest from Washington who knew very little about dall sheep. I fly out of Seatac tonight for my dream hunt out of Healy. I have high hopes of a mature ram, but more then anything, I booked an adventure and not a hunt.

Thanks for all your guys help, and best of luck out in the field.

Bryan

Thumbs up

Be safe, shoot straight and have fun, Bryan!
    Can't wait for your pics....

Frank

See you tommorrow Bryan! The adventure begins!
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Well, Bryan has started his adventure, his childhood dream of sheep hunting in Alaska. I met him at the airport this morning and we went and had breakfast. He is truly gratefull for all the help and advice everyone has given him here on the forums over the past 2 years since he booked his hunt. He said that as an outsider he felt welcomed and well received by the majority of the folks here. I think that's great, the way it should be. I know what it's like to be a hunter and live in the lower 48. Alaska holds a magical, mystical quality that is the hunters ultimate destination. A far off place that holds the biggest and the best. For some it's only a dream, for others like Bryan it becomes a reality. A once in a lifetime dream come true through hard work and perseverance (and an understtanding wife!!). I am glad to have been able to meet him, shake his hand, welcome him to Alaska and wish him all the best on his hunt. It's kind of cool to be even a small part of someones lifelong dream come true. Whether it be advice on the forum or a handshake and a welcome.

Blessing to all the "Bryans" out there this year. I hope you all connect. I feel doubly blessed to be able to call Alaska my home just as so many othters around here do. Welcome.

Perry
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default Glad to be here

As I was coming down the mountain last night in an absolute downpour, sliding through the mud, soak and wet, I couldn't help but think how lucky I am to be up here able to enjoy the outdoors like that. The smell of the forest and the view over the mountains puts you in a place that you can't explain to somebody that isn't there. It's a great thing for those on this forum to help make this an experience for those who might not otherwise. I also started thinking of my buddy in the lower 48, and how they envy us up here "living the dream".
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."