Thread: Polaris Tranny

Default Polaris Tranny

My buddy got a new 800 Polaris, I took it out to Jim creek today to play around. Couple of things that I didn't get - when I have the ATV in "AWD" mode, and put it in reverse, only the rear end works, and thats really annoying - got stuck because of that a couple of times. Also when in reverse, it has this "safety" feature that you cant revv it up too much, I guess it 's done so you can't ride in reverse too fast. So when you're stuck theres no going back on this wheeler, only forward, which doesn't always work...
    Also isn't Jim Creek a "salmon-bearing" creek? Meaning that you can't drive a motorized vehicle across it?

My buddy got a new 800 Polaris, I took it out to Jim creek today to play around. Couple of things that I didn't get - when I have the ATV in "AWD" mode, and put it in reverse, only the rear end works, and thats really annoying - got stuck because of that a couple of times. Also when in reverse, it has this "safety" feature that you cant revv it up too much, I guess it 's done so you can't ride in reverse too fast. So when you're stuck theres no going back on this wheeler, only forward, which doesn't always work...
    Also isn't Jim Creek a "salmon-bearing" creek? Meaning that you can't drive a motorized vehicle across it?

There is a reverse overide button on the left side under your thumb. If you hold it down you will have 4wd in reverse and the motor will not cut out.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Yes, Jim Creek is an anadromous stream. It requires a permit to cross these kind of streams and there is a permit on file allowing ANYONE to cross JC in their vehicle. There is absoultly no trace of the millions of motorized crossings of JC. The wind and the water erase it all. NO salmon spawn in the flats between the Knik and where JC enters the woods, they're just passing thru like the vehicles

I would think there is a reverse over ride button on the handlebars.
    Tennessee

There is on the left side.

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    Yes, Jim Creek is an anadromous stream. It requires a permit to cross these kind of streams and there is a permit on file allowing ANYONE to cross JC in their vehicle. There is absoultly no trace of the millions of motorized crossings of JC. The wind and the water erase it all. NO salmon spawn in the flats between the Knik and where JC enters the woods, they're just passing thru like the vehicles

I wouldn't be so sure: http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=30907

Interesting to see how it all plays out. Not that I'm pulling over for anybody driving little 450s and who hop up on the seat to avoid getting their feet wet

Lightbulb Yellow button

Push the yellow button on the left ..................