Thread: Fletchers archery in wasilla

Thumbs up Fletchers archery in wasilla

WEnt into Fletchers the other day for my yearly tuneup with the bow. He is an awesome guy. Checked my bow over, adjusted the rest for me, checked a few other things. we talked for a good 1/2 hr and he didn't charge me a thing. Just said "make sure you come and buy your arrows from me" I will, good guy, good experience!!

I was just there last week looking for broadheads. I am brand new to archery, so I didn't really know where to begin. They are VERY friendly folks, and they didn't treat me like an idiot.

They asked me what basic type of broadhead I was looking for. I said I wanted an all-steel, non-mechanical broadhead with replaceable blades. He showed me several different kinds and suggested I shoot some of their sample broadheads to decide for myself which ones I liked the best. Before we started, he shot my bow through paper and looked everything over.

I left the shop KNOWING that my bow shoots my broadheads and field points at the same point of aim at 20 yards. I will do further shooting to make sure the broadheads fly true at longer distances, but I have confidence in knowing my equipment is set up and working properly.

Fletcher's Archery is a GREAT shop!

For those that are curious, I ended up buying 100gr Slick Tricks with 1-1/8" cutting diameter.

They have always done me right there. They are friendly, willing to help you and knowledgeable. I will keep taking my business to them

Fletchers is awesome, hands down a great group of people with tons of experience and know how

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Scott, the owner, had a heck of a weekend. Sunk his airboat, lost 3 rifles, and a bow, a pair of zeiss binos, etc. I went in there this morning and he was having a bear of a time getting my ripcord arrow rest to work properly. Tried two different rests, then pulled the actuator cord out of the rest. He had a store full of customers but was still trying to get my bow back in shape!! I eventually told him I was going to be gone for a week and he could put it on the backburner.....great shop and good customer service

Where is Fletchers located? I have been wanting to stop in while I am in the valley but have never seen it. I am gonna have to get a new bow when I get home from Iraq now since I decided it would be a great idea to bring it over with me so I could keep up on my shooting on my off time. Well long story short a mortar hit the connex my bow was in and it is in about 50 pieces now. Great Idea huh? Also do they have test bows there? Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by HuntingAK View Post
    Where is Fletchers located? I have been wanting to stop in while I am in the valley but have never seen it. I am gonna have to get a new bow when I get home from Iraq now since I decided it would be a great idea to bring it over with me so I could keep up on my shooting on my off time. Well long story short a mortar hit the connex my bow was in and it is in about 50 pieces now. Great Idea huh? Also do they have test bows there? Thanks
    If your coming from Anchorage, it'll be on the left side of the Parks Hwy, across the RXR tracks and directly across from the Chevron/Wells Fargo bank, which are on the right side of the Parks. It's a yellowish/tan metal building with a green metal roof. There are "usually" bows there that are set up and you could shoot. Sorry to hear about the bow getting blown to bits...Bummer man...Stay safe...