Thread: Chains to ride Chicken Ridge?

Default Chains to ride Chicken Ridge?

Do you fellas think I need to put on chains to ride my '84 Honda Big Red & trailer up Chicken Ridge (along with everyone else!)? I haven't seen a weather report for the area, but it seems to usually be dry around that area. Any ideas?

Tim

Default It'll be dry but steep...

You may want to bring the chains if your hauling a trailer. There's a few wet/muddy spots down low but higher you will run into steep rocky terrain that sometimes requires the front wheels (4x4) to get over, esp if your hauling a trailer.
    If your Honda is two wheel only then bring the chains. Better to have and not need......

-sc

You are contemplating pulling a trailer up steep inclines with a 3WHEELER, right?

Thumbs up Maybe...

I will be going in on Thursday, maybe Friday and if we are going in at the same time I will help out the best I can with your hauling. I am not towing anything in and have an 800 Outlander so the mud or the steep hills I could get through for you. If I come in after you and see ya I will definately help, let alone anyone else with anything they may need. I know how frustrating and hard it can be to hunt up here depending and I always try to lend a hand to anyone in need. I've sacrificed and put myself through a lot just to go hunting let alone during the hunt. Been helped many a time and always loved that comradere between most hunters. Good luck, and I'll keep an eye out for your Hondas.

AZinAK

Quote Originally Posted by AZinAK View Post
    I will be going in on Thursday, maybe Friday and if we are going in at the same time I will help out the best I can with your hauling. I am not towing anything in and have an 800 Outlander so the mud or the steep hills I could get through for you. If I come in after you and see ya I will definately help, let alone anyone else with anything they may need. I know how frustrating and hard it can be to hunt up here depending and I always try to lend a hand to anyone in need. I've sacrificed and put myself through a lot just to go hunting let alone during the hunt. Been helped many a time and always loved that comradere between most hunters. Good luck, and I'll keep an eye out for your Hondas.

AZinAK
    We'll be easy to find...probably the only one's rolling Big Reds. And yes DWS, we plan to take trailers with the Big Reds; however, I plan on ferrying gear up the steep hills and towing near empty trailers to the top! Hopefully we'll make it fine, it just may take more time. Coming down should be interesting too. This is our first ATV, err...ATC hunt; maybe I should buy a couple 4 wheelers next year?

Are you hunting solo AZ? I saw your post in the 40 Mile thread about partnering up. We're a day ahead of you and I think we're in Anc and your in FB. I'll keep an eye out for you and the other guys who said they'll be up there. Good luck!

Tim