Thread: Heading Up Monday

Default Heading Up Monday

I will be up the Haul road on Mondayfor a week. Sounds like I will be packing my bow out 5 miles with a rifle buddy. Any suggestions about were to head off the road at this time of year. Any help would be useful l will post what I see when I get back

*take a canoe up ivashak then you can float out
    take gps if you go up ivashak wp corner just south of ps 2 as it will be closest point to 5 mile point.put it sag off road just south ps( very close to ps) float down to ivashak and work your butt off to get up river,
    or cross sag with canoe or raft near ice cut and head east.
    *across from happy valley just up river is old grown over road could try that....not sure how far it goes.
    problem is you can drive 70 miles and not see a 'bou so how do you pick a spot to walk in 5 miles and find them??????
    *spot from gravel pit / hills just south of ps 2 .... might be able to see out 5 miles with spotting scope to west creek to west in bottom of first valley is very deep not real wide , careful friend got soaked there.
    good luck
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER