Thread: Impertech rain ger repair kit?

Default Impertech rain ger repair kit?

Do you know wher I can buy a couple of patches to repair my Halley Hansen Impertech rain gear? I have another set of Cabela's rain gear, but would like to patch a small tear I put on the bibs of my Halley Hansen bibs.

If no kits available, what would you use? I was thinking of gluing a small patch on the inside surface, and pressing down on the glue to ripped material. It's a sort of "L" shaped tear, and should be very easy to repair with the right material. Any ideas before moose season gets here?

Thanks.

There might be some glue that is more specific to Impertech, but Aqua Seal will undoubtedly do it well. WalMart sells it in their fishing department for $6. Sportsman's Warehouse sold it last year (haven't looked this year) with a small bottle of Cotol in the package to make it dry faster. Otherwise it's usually a 12 hour process. Aqua Seal's primary claim to fame (other than being super tough and sticking to just about anything) is that it permanently stays *very* flexible.

It is strong enough that most holes and tears can be patched without using extra material - just a layer of the glue itself - but it also can bond an additional layer of material to the back side of the Impertech for a stronger fix.

Fly shops sell a Simms wader repair kit for $5.00 that includes a few fabric patches and a tube of Aquaseal. Helly Hanson sells repair kits for their PVC raingear that includes a piece of fabric large enough to cut several patches and a tube of glue that smells like tire patch glue. For Impertech I'd use my Simms kit and place the patch on the inside. Or do the same thing with duct tape.

Thanks you for the fast answers. I just called Sportsman's in fairbanks, and they have the patches and the glues you have mentioned. I plan to buy the stuff this afternoon and patch the bibs, with plenty of time left for moose season.

But time is flying!!! Soon enough I will be out there chasing after moose and eating all kings of foods I shouldn't