Thread: To Dawson on the Yukon

Default To Dawson on the Yukon

My wife won free tickets to Dawson for everything but the air fair. We did not get passports and I was wondering if anyone has run to Dawson from Circle. A guy I used to work from told me how long from Eagle to Dawson Any information from Circle to Dawson would be a great help. Thanks for the help.

two years ago I did a trip from dawson to Eagle. It is about 100 easy river miles. The customs is pretty relaxed in eagle. You go and find them.
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford

Smile Circle to Dawson

Incredible trip! Did it several years ago. Circle to Eagle ~ 4-6 river hours depending on speed. Eagle to Dawson ~ 4 river hours. You will stop A LOT to observe the history etc., so plan on 2 full days on the river.

We made a 5 day weekend out of the trip. Camped about 15 miles downstream of Eagle on a great sandbar. Walked around Eagle for a couple hours, fueled up from the pump at the retaining wall and continued on. Wasn't as spendy 3 years ago!!

I'll try to get the river guide book that we used. It showed every bend and obstacle in detail as well as every highlight.

By the way, you do not need passports yet...and we never found the customs agent in Dawson (not for a lack of trying). Just don't get arrested!

What is the cost of gas in Circle? Planning on a trip from Dawson to Circle and return. Been to Eagle from Dawson a few times, great trips now we would like to try Circle.

Default eagle to dawson and circle?

what kind of boats are you guys using for the these trips? Ive been wanting to go moose hunting south west of eagle downstream? on the yukon with my 25'jet.

21 foot harbercraft spirit with a 350 kem engine and kodiak 3 stage pump.

Not to hijack your thread but what about between Dawson and Whitehorse also?Are the Canadians cool with Americans boating on their water?Where do I fined out there boating laws?

Would really appreciate knowing the name of the river guide book you mentioned.

Default Canadian boating laws

Here's a site from Transport Canada for those interested in Canadian boating laws... http://www.tc.gc.ca/BoatingSafety/menu.htm The Canadian requirements are slightly different than our state/federal requirements, so it's worth checking them out if you plan on boating in Canada waters. Mike

hi I wouldnt worry about the laws too much in the Yukon, things are pretty easy going here, I havent had any problems as to boating into Alaska other than having to have passports once we reached eagle. The trip from Whitehorse to Dawson is about 500 miles and its a great trip. We are planning a trip to Circle and then on to Fort Yukon this coming season and would like any information available as to gas availability and prices?

Default stay north

Circle to Ft Yukon is 75 miles, no heavy waves, but it can get shallow real quick. Basically, stay on the north side as best you can.