Thread: Kayak Race $100 prize, August 18th

Default Kayak Race $100 prize, August 18th

Yep, it's official.
    There are cash prizes to the first 3 places for canoe, raft and kayak. Looks like the race has been cut back a little to just under 2 miles. Registration opens at noon at the Houston Chamber of Commerce, which is located in the log cabin in front of the fire station at mile 57.4 Parks. Takeout/ Finish line is at Millers boat landing, behind the icecream shop. Thanks to Choice Mortgage for the cash prizes, and all participants get a T-shirt.
    Stick around for the parade, picnic, and BBQ after the race. At 11:00pm Gorilla Fireworks is going to light up the sky with a memorial to Jerry of Jerry's Fireworks.

Question Kayak Race

What waterway/river does this take place on? Sounds fun! I'd be traveling down from Fairbanks so any other info would be great to know. Thanks!

I think it was last August, but they might be doing it again this year too. From the description it looks like the river was the Little Susitna.

any info on the kayak race would be excelent. What boat restrictions if thre is any?

If you don't get answers here you could call the Houston Chamber of Commerce: 892-0828

is this expired already?

Default Houston founders day

It was for founders day the city of Houston put on with help from the Susitna Rotary club. Keep an eye open though there will probably be another this year
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ