Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Broadhead for the Money$$$$

Default Best Broadhead for the Money$$$$

What is the best broadhead for the money? I currently use Muzzy 3 blade 100's. They cost about 35 for 6. I see Cabelas has a similar for 19.99 and the new MX3's are about 4.00 more.

I know they fly different for everyone. Anyone have any just fall apart?

Default Slick Tricks

I don't think you can go wrong with Slick Tricks. Muzzy like in style but about $10 cheaper per 3.

I have used the Cabela's F-3 and on a caribou the only thing that was left was one blade. Tip broke completely off too. For a lung shot bou and no heavy bone encountered ........ they plain out rot.

Slick Tricks have never let me down.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Slick Tricks!!!

While I've never gotten the chance to actually shoot games with em'
    I've had Muzzys and several other broadheads come apart in my target. Never had that problem with the slicks, hardy as can be and not too pricey.

Jon

Thumbs up Rocket Utilmate 100gr

Never liked a broadhead with a Alum Ferule for heavy game..... after seeing a friend shoot a nice black bear with the muzzy bent backwards and blades came off after hitting the bone.

The Rocket Utimate 100gr is what I have been shooting flys great and one tough little head! $28.00 for 6 and it's all steel with thick blades!
    Alaska

Thumbs up

I've had some really great results with the NAP Nitron 100grainers on several different critters and have NEVER had one fail or come apart. They haven't come apart after hitting bone either. My .02....

I have been shooting steelforce 110 grains for a few years now. ( Mathews ultra II 300+ ft per sec ) I had been shooting muzzy's -- They never did fly right for me. I bought some differnt broadheads & I found that steelforce didn't sail. The first time I shot at a deer with the steelforce's I was in the North Cascades huntin Mulies, Big buck walks out - Of course I missed- shot just under him ( not the point!) but I burried the arrow into hard sandstone. It penetrated an inch past the broadhead. When I dug it out - The broad head was undamaged! They shoot good for me - when I know the yardage! **** I wish I had a range finder for that hunt!

JJ

Never been a fan of Muzzy style broadheads. I've used them myself but I have seen them fail too many times. Saw my buddy lose a bear this spring, the muzzy blades rolled over. Just the edge of the blade.

I have had great success with Bear Razors "sharpened" backwards with a file, so they do not make a clean cut. Penetration is amazing and bloodtrails are fantastic.

Default Slick Tricks

I've been shooting slick-tricks for 3 years now and am very satified. I shoot the 100 g standards and have accurate arrow flight and never broken a blade. I've shot everything from moose to 'bou to small game with slick-tricks. That's my 2 cents 'cause you asked.

No question, it is Slick Tricks... They are incredibly strong, deadly on game, sharp, inexpensive and most importantly they are extremely accurate. My shooting partner has been shooting his two bows (Hoyt Ultramag and Mathews QXL) this past spring and summer with field points and he did some adjusting off and on to get the field points flying to his satisfaction. He called me yesterday to say that he put a couple of ST's on arrows and shot them with both bows at 50 yards and found that the 100 grain magnums hit right with his field points. Note, he didn't shoot the ST's to the same spot since he values his arrows. Also he was so confident about the ST's that he only checked them at 50 yards. My son, another shooting partner, and I have all had similar results. The blades can usually be resharpened after taking game if desired as the head is normally intact. They can be purchased directly from slicktrick.net, Cabelas, Mountain Archery and a number of other places. If for ANY reason you are not happy with them Gary would return your $ if you send them back. The original magnum blade and the standard blade are interchangeable with either the 100 or 125 grain head.

Thumbs up NAP Nitron 100 gr.

Just nailed a caribou last night at 50 yards quartering hard away. Put the ol' Nitron in between the last rib/front part of hindquarter on left side and had the arrow come out in front of the opposite side shoulder socket. Went through the gut, liver, and destroyed the lung plumbing/right lung, and a little shoulder meat. Arrow hit the rocks, and after some washing off in the river, that broadhead "looks" like it could be shot again right now. Perfect! It held together, super sharp, did major trauma, and flew true. Oh, and surprisingly enough, the gut mess was minimal at best! Go figure...They're worth whatever price they're asking for them in my opinion.

Default Slick Trick Dealer??

Does anyone in the Fairbanks area carry Slick tricks?

Default sportsmans

I'm sure the sportsmans warehouse carries them in Fairbanks, but i would check with the local shops first, i would rather pay a few bucks more and support the local guy.

? What is the best broadhead for the money?

That's easy when you consider a LIFETIME warranty on the COMPLETE line of Magnus Broadheads.
    In addition, when you think about initial quality, durability and flight characteristics the Magnus line of broadheads are second to none in value. One draw back to some is the fact you have to sharpen most of the models of Magnus heads. Don't let it scare you though, folks have been making broadheads scary sharp for years and you can learn this with practice and dedication.
    Just another IMO......................

I will second the Magnus heads.

Default I third Magnus

Snuffers...you can't beat a lifetime gurantee, unless you make a better product with a lifetime gurantee...ain't happened yet...

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    Snuffers...you can't beat a lifetime gurantee, unless you make a better product with a lifetime gurantee...ain't happened yet...

hate to tell you this but it has happend. sliverflames all the way. but they do cost a pretty penny.
    "The road goes on forever and the party never ends"

Wink

Two blade Magnus, or Zwickeys. If you dont lose them you can reuse them time, and time again. How can you beat that?
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

Talking never heard of them...

sliver flames...must be very new or custom mades...

do a search on archery talk for them. they came out about 3 years ago but mainly overseas.
    "The road goes on forever and the party never ends"

Default broadheads

I still back the Slick Tricks. Since a search on Archery Talk was mentioned, they come out ahead on every poll on there. I just read a thread where two guys just got theirs and tried them out to 50 yards and they indicated field point accuracy to 50 yards and one guy was shooting at 330 fps. In the past, threads have indicated that somebody shot over eight deer with the same heads and blades; he merely took out the blades and resharpened them and put them back in his quiver. I know that after shooting a whitetail with one I had to take a magnifying glass to look for blood stains on the head so I could tell which one to touch up as it still looked just like new. Customer service 2nd to none. If you aren't happy with them they will refund your $ if you return them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast