Thread: Anybody Floated the Upper Kenai Recently???

Default Anybody Floated the Upper Kenai Recently???

Just curious as I'm looking to check it out this weekend. I may opt for Quartz Creek and/or the Russian. If anybody's been out, I'd love to hear how that stretch of water is fishing.

Red face Lost a rod and reel along the way too . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    Just curious as I'm looking to check it out this weekend. I may opt for Quartz Creek and/or the Russian. If anybody's been out, I'd love to hear how that stretch of water is fishing.
    Danny I floated three days last week. The water was pretty low on Thur and Fri, but came up almost a foot on Saturday. Reds were OK fishing the known spots, but you had to work to weed out the tomaters. Didn't fish for rainbows, but heard some were doing OK - this part will only get better. This weekend is supposed to be even better for reds . . .

If you happen to hook into a big tomater attached to a Loomis GL2 9' 8wt, with a Wright & McGill 7/8 flyreel attached - I'll pay an reward for it's return - seems to have slipped my grasp last week and disappeared before I could get it . . .

Good luck!

SH

SH ~ I appreciate the update! I chase trout and char up in that neck of the woods as we can get chrome reds at will right now on the Lower Kenai. I love the Upper. Man, that's harsh losing a nice piece of equipment like that. My condolences ~ I actually lost an Orvis Batten Kill reel spooled with spendy 6 weight fly line about a month ago somewhere in the Jim's Landing vicinity.