Thread: Nikon ATB 10x36

Default Nikon ATB 10x36

Anybody have experience with these good or bad? I am debating weather to get these, or cough up the money for Swarovski. I know there's a big difference. Is there anything in between that would be money better spent?
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Well, I'm a Pentax guy and have posted the reasons why. Personally I think the Pentax optics are the sleeper value in optics. I have the DCF SP 10x43 (f or about 4 yrs now) and have compared them to Zeiss 10x40 classics and the Pentaxes are just as good. For my eyes anyway. I got them online for 425 bucks I think it was. If you are in the Fairbanks area you can check mine out if you want. Later this month I think we are going to try and get the optics comparison setup.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I cannot say enough good things about my Nikon Monarch ATBs. My brother has the Swarovskis, and I swear I can barely tell the difference between the two sets. At ~$250 on eBay, the price was right. I am a firm believer in paying the money for quality gear, but when $1,000+ simply isn't an option, I was more than happy to get my hands on my Nikons. They really are excellent glass - not just for the price, but really excellent.

Default Glassing

Have you glassed for extended periods of time with them both? How was eye strain with either one?
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

I've glassed for a long period of time with the Nikons and haven't had any problems with eye strain at all.

Default Thanks

Thanks Brian. I almost got the Nikon's, but I found a good deal with Camerland on a demo model Zeiss Victory FL 10x32. I just hate spending any amount of money knowing I will need to upgrade and replace it. The reviews I found online seem very positive and most rate it above the Swarovski EL.

I really like my 8*42 monarch ATB, comparing to Swarovski 8*30's light gathering, clarity, weight, etc they are right there, for 1/4 the price. I spent the money for the Zeiss 15-45 spotting scope, $1100 on ebay, it was hard to convince the wife that I was going to get them sooner or later so we might as well save $500. It was worth it, 3 sheep hunts and all my partners are believers. This was after borrowing the $900 Leupold 15-45 and just was not that impressed with it, except for packing size.

Default nikon monarch atb 12x42

I got my son a pair for an early christmas present and the last week of moose season he was seeing moose through those that I could only detect through my old pair of bushnells (after he told me where the moose was).
    bought them for about 260 on e-bay, brand new. I have not spent time looking at the swarovskis but am pretty happy with the value of these.