http://www.ysr-racer.com

Default Fishing report

Default me toooo

i had a good night there too.
    the board tuesday said 43 silvers
    tonight it read 164
    and thats my report haha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (60.4 KB, 77 views)

Quote Originally Posted by akgiauque View Post
    so does every other guide on the river......that makes about 10 guide reports daily,if you know where to look. I never in my wildest dreams would think that i could just sit on my butt and get up to date info on the river,it's just about as easy as going to Mc donalds drive through....

Quote Originally Posted by preed View Post
    i had a good night there too.
    the board tuesday said 43 silvers
    tonight it read 164
    and thats my report haha

So Tuesday was 43, Wednesday was 109, Thursday was 164, what was Friday? When I left at 11:00am it was 20. It was a slow day for us.
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website

didnt go friday, im gonna try to go after i get off work today though.

Smile guides fishing reports

Thanks Greg for your fishing reports. I check yours and a couple others when I'm stuck at work during the week. Needless to say I look forward to the good news and can't wait for 5:00 o'clock Friday. Keep it up. I need your info.

Lady

Got there at 10:00am, 3 of us had our limit by noon.

Sunday's number was 249. Today was 209 when we left at 1:00pm.

FISH ON !!!!
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website

How was the water?

Default Water

It was up but not as high as I expected it. Looks to be dropping again. I had 8 clients all limited out, the board said 376 when I left mid afternoon.

Nice! Eggs are allowed now, correct?

I am almost positive they are as of August 6th.

Thumbs up

Yep, today was the egg opener and boy howdy did it work!! We kept 17 fish for the weekend and 10 of them were this morning in about 2 hrs. I stood in one spot and hooked over 10 fish in about an hour myself. Dime bright and hitting VERY light. I tried the bobber thing, but it didn't work nearly as well as simply drifting a small cluster along the bottom.

The water was up about a foot and was murky. It looks like the fish are hitting the river seriously now.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Any way of hitting these from the boat launch?

I get off this Thursday for the week. Now I hear the water is way high? looks like the knik is so any of you been on it as of late? figure if the weather report holds it should be good again by Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Zissou View Post
    Any way of hitting these from the boat launch?
    Yes. 99% of the river access is via boat launches. As far as I know, there are four such areas on the Little Su. Houston, Pt Mack, Anchorage Small Boat Harbor and Millers Reach. Or you can enter the system from Nancy Lake Canoe Trail. Walk in fishermen from other starting points other than these are very limited to what is available to access the river.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFSTER View Post
    I get off this Thursday for the week. Now I hear the water is way high? looks like the knik is so any of you been on it as of late? figure if the weather report holds it should be good again by Thursday night.
    It sounds like it's good right now even with the high water.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    It sounds like it's good right now even with the high water.
    Went out Monday night. The water was up a bit for sure and current was moving really good. Had one on a vibrax that broke my snap ring. We then started soaking eggs and ended up with five between 2 of us. A third in our party got skunked. It was definitely slower than the last time I fished it last year. Not a whole lot of jumpers. As stated above, the fish were hitting the eggs VERY lightly. You can tell the difference between a small bump of your weight hitting the bottom and the 4 or 5 quick taps from the fish. Set the hook good too. I had one more get off because I couldn't quite get the hook set deep enough as it was in the roof of its mouth. The four females we got were super bright. I got one big male that had already turned a a little bit.

i get the word both deshka and little su is high and very muddy, word coming from folks that went yesterday. said they saw a few roll here and there but had a hard time catching them. i remember last year when it flooded out and me and a buddy went out just for a ride to check out the river and stumbled upon a nice little hole. there were so many fish there i cant even explain it. we caught all kinds of fish for hours. im headin there tonight to see if it holds true again. im having a hard time right now sitting at my desk looking out the window thinking of that spot cause i know its hot...c'mon 5:00!!!!

I went out yesterday. Didn't take the boat, just walked downstream a ways. The water is definitely up quite a bit. I'd say atleast 12-14" higher than normal. I had a hit or two, but I'm going to wait for the water to come back down so there are actually holes and not just a wide muddy river.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast