Thread: where can i get trail maps or

Smile where can i get trail maps or

locations of existing trail systems and trail heads around the interior. i've always heard trails were everywhere and now that i start looking, some folks have lost their memory about all those trails. any help public or private would be appreciated. i'm not looking for moose hunting places, although a bird or bunny could meet it's demise from our 22 pistol. i'm looking to go exploring with my 9 yr old daughter just like we do in the winter on snowmachine. thanx in advance for any info.

Default Trails in the Interior

Two good trails for ATV's are Compeau's and Colorado Creek. They're somewhere between 30 and 40 miles down Chena Hot Springs Road, on the left as you head toward Chena Hot Springs. They will have a little bit of everything to them, but you should be able to navigate them all right.

There are trails off of Johnson Road in Salcha as well, but don't ride them during September - moose hunting there. There are other trails in Salcha as well, but they require a desire to get real muddy and a winch - a 9 yr old may not like them so much.

I've heard of several trails up the Elliot Highway a ways, but haven't been on them yet.

Hope it helps, and hope you get a good ride in.

mile 57 of the steese you head up to nome creek and there are a few trails up there.

one is Quartz Creek trial I believe its around 16 miles round trip.