Thread: Red Update

Default Red Update

A buddy and myself rode our motorcycles down to Bings Landing yesterday. Fishing was spotty and the crowds of people were thick as ever but I did manage to catch my limit and a couple of really nice dolleys I tossed back. Size of the fish is interesting, some were absolutely huge then the next wave would be 5-7 pounders.
    None the less, The ride, the fishing and the burgers afterward sure beat work! Gonna pop down to the Russian tomorrow and see how it is.
    Tennessee

Thumbs down Centenial Park a bust

Just came back from Centenial Park in Soldotna. Fishing is very slow and you had to put in many hours per fish. The camp ground was half empty and all the seasoned fishermen (the one's that spend all summer there fishing) said it has been really sporatic. Got up this morning and ran into 1 fisherman on the bank that said he had nothing going in the last three hours of fishing. I guess when you see no fishermen=no fish. Wasted $110 on gas round trip. The big surge of Reds is yet to come.

Went back to Bings on Thursday. Took 3 hours to catch my 6. Probably could of done it in 90 minutes if I would of had some people besides me with better netting skills!
    But the fishing was better than it was on Tuesday.
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman Iggy View Post
    Wasted $110 on gas round trip.

Dude what do you drive a tank?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

AKPM
    It would cost me at least that much to run the pickup down there and back. Shoot last time I filled it cost me $150.

I ran down in my 07 Honda Civic. Averaged 44.6 mpg, which is the highest fuel mileage I ever seen in my life. It cost me $19 to make the round trip from my house in Eagle River.
    Tennessee