Thread: A beautiful day on Kenai Lake

Default A beautiful day on Kenai Lake

mods please delete, I'm having trouble uploading pictures.
    Last edited by bgreen; 07-31-2007 at 21:38. Reason: picture didnt attach
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

Quote Originally Posted by bgreen View Post
    mods please delete, I'm having trouble uploading pictures.
    Heck, I`ll slap a couple up for ya. Last week...

one more try, but with mozilla

Last edited by bgreen; 09-23-2007 at 20:11.
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

another picture?

It was a beautiful weekend on the water. The lake was flat calm and the temps were just right!

Does anyone know if a person could take a jet boat under the highway up to trail lake?

Nice boat Brook...I have completely forgotten about my Jeep since I picked up a boat this year.

That weekend was awesome at Kenai Lake...surprised I didn`t run into you. Ran about 25 miles on the lake in 2 days. Caught some Lakers too.

Default how's the fishing ?

Beautiful Pictures. Any decent fishing in the lake? I would think that you could catch some monster rainbows there and dollies as well.

Your boats looking good Brook! Like the new paint job. Glad to see the grizz didn't harm it at all! How long before you start modifying your boat like you did your truck?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    Nice boat Brook...I have completely forgotten about my Jeep since I picked up a boat this year.

That weekend was awesome at Kenai Lake...surprised I didn`t run into you. Ran about 25 miles on the lake in 2 days. Caught some Lakers too.
    Were you camped on the north side of Porcupine Island on Friday night, then on the south side on Saturday night?

We camped on the mainland north east of the Island Saturday night, and put about 65 miles on the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Your boats looking good Brook! Like the new paint job. Glad to see the grizz didn't harm it at all! How long before you start modifying your boat like you did your truck?

Rob
    Thanks, I managed to get the outside painted after the Grizz encounter, but ran out of paint and haven't had time to paint the inside or the motor.

I have some modifications planned for the winter, but I need to work on the buggy too, so who knows if they will actually happen. I'm trying to swap out the jet for a prop tonight, that 65 miles I put on really put the hurt on the ol' pocket book. I'm going to be hunting Tustumena this fall, so a prop will be nice.

Were you camped on the north side of Porcupine Island on Friday night, then on the south side on Saturday night?

We camped on the mainland north east of the Island Saturday night, and put about 65 miles on the boat.
    Arrived after the guys were run off the island...ran over to check the camp and it was hammered. Just camped off of Snug Harbor to keep it on the safe side for the 3 ladies that were in tow. Momma and cubs were pretty testy that weekend. One couple camped by us and were going to wait it out for a day until they went back to retreive equipment. We cruised from there the sat. morning and hit Seward for silvers.

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    Arrived after the guys were run off the island...ran over to check the camp and it was hammered. Just camped off of Snug Harbor to keep it on the safe side for the 3 ladies that were in tow.
    Run off the Island? Camp was hammered?

What the heck, its not okay to camp on the Island? Who hammered the camp, and whos camp was it?

I missed something...

Run off the Island? Camp was hammered?

What the heck, its not okay to camp on the Island? Who hammered the camp, and whos camp was it?

I missed something...
    When I came in thursday night a couple was standing on the beach and came over as soon as I launched the boat. They wanted to know if we were planning on camping on the island...we said no. They told us there was three or four people in their group at camp and a momma bear and two 2 year olds challenged them....received warning shots and momma decided to charge them out to their boat. The bears had a great time with their camp while they drifted in their boat at a safe distance. I went out to look out of pure curiosity and saw everything torn up. I didn`t feel comfortable packing it up for them with out backup so I came back to Snug`s beach and let them know what I saw. They were sort of bummed but had the respect to go without shooting one. Went back over the next day and there was a plane on the beach in the cove and a boat being hastily loaded...suppose the bears visited there too. We stayed another night and bailed. The people that were on the island were joined by some friends in boats and planned to head out there the next morning to see what they had left. Good Stuff.

Thats crazy stuff. Glad to hear everyone was all right and that it wasnt humans that did the damage!