Thread: Swanson River???

Default Swanson River???

Anyone have a info on floating the swanson river in mid aug. ????

Also Mabey a float in Early Sept. ??

Any info Would be great.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default Swanson

I floated it a couple years ago in mid-August. I was in a coleman canoe and my partner was in a metal canoe. The coleman was definitely the way to go as there a lot of big rocks just under the surface. Lots of silvers and lots of bear sign. My partner was looking for a moose with his bow and I was just along for the grins and to play with the fish. What's your intent?

-Carnivore
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Default Swanson Float

I floated the Swanson in a river raft in August a few years ago. We ended up having to pull the raft through a number of shallow areas. The silvers were teeming but couldn't catch any on lures. I'm going again this year in a canoe and am I'm looking for a bull. I'm taking cured salmon eggs this time to see if the silvers will bite on those.

Default I wanted to fish for silvers.

I was wondering if there were any silvers in the river?? I know the run is late every where else. Don't want to get down there and find out that the fish arn't there. Thanks
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.