Thread: Where to get a rifle sling for across the chest

Default Where to get a rifle sling for across the chest

Does anyone know where I can buy a sling that allows a person to carry the rifle across the chest? As in the port arms position. I do alot of hunting where I sometimes need both hands to hold on to something to keep me from becoming an avalanche. Thanks

Kifaru has it's gunbearer system that will do this. It attaches to your pack and works with most packs. It lets the pack carry the weight and it is as fast as anything I have tried. The best part is it allows you to keep both hands free. Jim

Check out this one. Very verstile. Won't work with a levergun though. It does more than hold your rifle while carrying a pack. You can use it in many configurations.

http://www.gunslingercorral.com/

I happend to find one in the closeout bin when the local gun shop was going out of business last month.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Sportsman's has the Safari Sling. It works very well at carrying the gun in front of you, but drops out of the way when you take aim.

Thanks guys but none of these are what I'm looking for. The Kifaru and Gunslinger both put it on you back, I carry a pack so that's out, the Safari Sling lets it dangle all over the place. Not good for climbing. I'm looking for one that holds it tight against your chest but lets you push it out and bring it up to shoot.

I put the gunsliger on the belt of my pack. It goes across in front and is held snug against my chest by a quick release strap attached to the pack shoulder strap. When you drop your pack for a final stalk/crawl you can unsnap the gunslinger and snap it onto your belt on your back side and the gun is secure while crawling. Look at a few more of the picks on that website. They have some pics of the front carry setup. If I find time maybe I'll post a pic of my setup.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Thanks Snyd.

Default Gunsliger

I use the gunsliger as well. It can be worn several differant ways. I like to carry mine at port arms as well, even more so when I smell like a sheep or moose kabob... The gunsliger also lets me have both hands free to use my trecking poles. With just a flick of your wrist you can bring your weapon into action. This photo shows the gunsliger attached to my buddies pack.

Steve

Thanks Stid. Thats what I wanted to see before I buy. I'll send my money in and buy it. Thanks all.

Buy an AR-15 M4 and get a 3-point sling