Thread: 2003 Suzuki Vinson 500???

Default 2003 Suzuki Vinson 500???

Are they thses machines good?
    anyone have one good the bad the ugly.
    Thanks for the advice?

Default Vinson 500

I had 2 Vinsons. An 02 and 03. They are great machines that will work and play hard. They have a sporty look and feel, but can work just hard.
    The solid rear axle makes them very stable, but a little rough compared to an IRS machine.
    The 02s autos had an issue with reverse, but all other years are pretty trouble free. I had 1700 trouble free miles on the 03 and around 900 on the 02 with only the reverse issues. It was more of a shifter problem than anything. Something regarding the linkage not working the way is should.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Doug

My neighbor complains about his not having the ground clearance his old King Quads had. And he swears it is like riding a horse, the way the seat is designed and he gets saddle sore.

My dad had an 03 Vinson with the semi-auto 5 speed, it really was a workhorse! That machine really had the torque, power, and speed to do it all. The ride was rougher than IRS, but thats expected. Very stable machine, very tough and solid. The only reason the old man sold it was because he made $1000 profit off of the deal. If you don't mind solid rear axle you will love it.