Thread: Deshka or Little Su, which one?

Default Deshka or Little Su, which one?

Which one is hottter right now?
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

I have no idea about the deshka but the little su is packed with fish right now. However getting them to bite is another issue. Plus it just rained hard, so water clarity will go down, water level will come up, and things will get difficult. I just got a new fly rod too

The fish were everywhere this morning on the LS. We limited out (8 fish) in about 2 hrs. We lost several as well. I think the weather change has really brought on the bite. The numbers are still pretty low on the Deshka, plus it costs and extra $17 to launch/park there!!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Where on the little su?

We were downstream from the landing 2-3 miles is all. No problems finding fish, they were rolling all over the place.
    AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

rain + early mornings or late evenings plus egg sucking leaches will result in silver 94.6% of the time
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Was on the Deshka Sat-Mon got one fish. Lots of fish in the river they just dont want to bite.

Thumbs down

I fished the Deshka Monday. Had some boat problems so I only fished 3 hrs. (5:30 am - 8:30 am). Three of us fishing, only 1 bite. Saw a guide boat catch 2 just above the beaver hole. Didn't see many fish rolling and not much showed up on my fish finder.

How is the water level on the Little Su? Heard it came up a little with the rain but was dangerously low before that.

It is still lower than normal, but manageable. The flood last year moved a lot of earth around so some of the channels downstream have gotten narrower and quite a few new sweepers and log jams have shown up.
    AKmud

Default little su

woah, i must be doing something wrong. i went one night last week (LS)...nothing. i went last night saw em rolling here and there and nothing. the board count said 43 when i left, thats pretty low. i saw guys mistaking reds and chum for silvers...not to insult anybody but are you sure your catching silvers? when they are rolling like that and not biting i tend to think they are reds, not silvers. gonna give it another shot thurs night, we'll see what happens.
    i think...only my opinion...Deshka is hurting. what was it, like 13000 kings past the wier thats horrible. the silver run, as i heard it, was expected to be low also. time will tell.

Default It's pathetic

How many people can't tell the diff..Silver and Red. I see it all the time
    Had a guy the other night try ot tell us that the fish rolling were pinks.
    I have yet to see a pink in the LS this year. Or one on the board.I would almost bet that 2/3eds of the silvers on the board are reds.Almost If it wasen't for the fact we caught more silvers then reds last sat.Oh and yes I know the diff.. Pinks and Chums go with out saying. if you can't tell you need to leave . as for silvers and reds, on really bright fish, look in the mouth. If thats not deep enough for you, look at the meat.But if you haven't seen the spots before then. theres probably no help for you anyway. Or you could pick up a copy of the regs. they have pretty pictures you can look at also helpfull hints