Thread: Canoe seat repair?

Default Canoe seat repair?

I have to replace the seating on my old town and a cane and spline kit from them would run 22$. Is there anywhere in Fairbanks or elsewhere that has this stuff for cheaper?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wainwright Bound

if you are looking at doing it on the cheap you can flip the seat over and use seatbelt webbing. (Although I like the look and feel of cane) I bet you
    can find it cheaper by googleing it.

i was thinking of using some kind of webbing but i think it would look ackward, i think when the seat is in need of being used ill just break out the duct tape and keep my open for a good deal.

Default webbing repair

I repair them by cutting out the cane seat and then I remove the seat and flip it over. I use 1 inch nylon strap material. I use a 1/2 inch staple gun and weave a new seat with the webbing. I make sure when I cut each strap to the length that I heat the nylon webbing with a lighter so it does not fray. It takes about 30 minutes from start to finish if you have the tools ready. over the years in our rental fleet I have done this to many many canoe seats with no failures and it also makes for a comfortable seat.
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years.