Thread: Mat-Su - when to go for Silvers

Default Mat-Su - when to go for Silvers

I come up to the area in August every 2 - 4 years and fish the streams up along the Parks Highway and the Talkeetna area. Available dates this year are either August 7-12 or 19 - 23. Any thoughts on earlier or later? Or is just a toss-up and a guess? I usually like to come in the teens (like 13th - 19th) and that seems to have worked out best for me, but this year it won't work. I have been kind of early, kind of late, and right on through the years. Just wanted any advice from guys that know a whole lot more than I do about it.

Thanks in advance guys. BTW - if you like to bass fish, and get to the DFW area or East Texas, I have a pretty nice bass boat and can put you on some bass.

Thanks to the BOF, youíll have more Silvers around the Valley in August

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thatís a bummer, the teen week is the best time, but there will be fish around both weeks you indicated, you will have to decide if you want to fish down stream or up stream. How Far East of DFW area? Like Tyler or Longview?

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    Thatís a bummer, the teen week is the best time, but there will be fish around both weeks you indicated, you will have to decide if you want to fish down stream or up stream. How Far East of DFW area? Like Tyler or Longview?
    Thanks guys - appreciate the information. Kenaibow I live on the NE DFW burbs, but fish North, NE, and in East Texas mainly.

Either week will work but I would go with August 7-12th between the two. Fresher and brighter fish.

Quote Originally Posted by AKFreezerFiller View Post
    Either week will work but I would go with August 7-12th between the two. Fresher and brighter fish.

Thank you - good thoughts from the man who fills the freezer.