Thread: grumman 19'

Default grumman 19'

If anyone is interested I saw grumman freighter for sale on craigs list ank.

Default Grumman

Was it this one?

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/383803195.html

Is $1,650 the going price for one of these?

Thanks for the notice, I am still looking for one.

-frozen

Default cost of a canoe

the price of every thing si going up an granted it is high, but if you want to get into the canoe with a motor an lift I don;t think the price will go down unless some one just wants to get read of one then you will have to fight evry one because they want to buy it, so that can sell it an make a few bucks MY 2 CTS SID

Sid, I certainly don't think that the price is high if it included a moter, however with just a canoe and a lift it seems a bit on the high side for my budget anyway.

-Frozen

Default Fairbanks Grummend Dealer

Frozen,
    Have you checked with O.K. Lumber? They used to be the Grummend dealer here in Fairbanks. Although the new Grummends are made out of thinner aluminum compaired to the older ones.

Alaskan100

Default OK lumber

OKLumber is not a Grumman dealer and hasn't been for a long time. I believe that BeaverSports was the last Fairbanks dealer. I don't think there are any Grumman dealers in Alaska at this time. Alaskans stopped buying them when the new Grumman builder, MarathonBoatGroup, reduced the hull thickness from the original .050" to .040".

The only option, if you want a new freighter-type canoe is the Osage 17' square-stern that is sold at the BoatShop. It's actually quite a nice boat....I'd be interested if they were make a canoe of the same dimensions except 19' or 20' long...but I already have a 19 footer and don't need a shorter canoe.

Default no bigger Osage

BTW: Osage just told me a few weeks ago that they have no intentions at this moment to make a larger canoe. FWIW, the rep there said that by USCG regs, if a vessel is shorter than 5x its beam, it is a boat, not a canoe, so they would have to keep a 21' canoe to about 50" wide. No idea why they care if it is called a canoe or boat, but that is their department. I am in discussions w/ a custom aluminum boat builder Outside about building a large "canoe"; I'll pass along any info I get, if it looks like it will be feasible (ie, not too spendy, to specs, etc).