Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The VIRGINIA Gun RALLY

Default The VIRGINIA Gun RALLY

Please don't turn this into political discussion. But I wanted to post about this rally for two reasons. 1.) If anyone does not know about this event, this is a big deal. And if anything goes bad, this will impact all firearms owners, including Alaska. So if you don't know the size of this, and the possible outcomes, this is your heads-up.

2.) If you are inclined, please pray this massive rally ends safely.

Please don't turn this into political discussion.

My fear is the paid instigators will be trying to stir the pot one way or another.

Everyone who can go should go and bring your cameras to record the event.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Please don't turn this into political discussion.
    How can an inherently political topic result in anything other than a political conversation?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    How can an inherently political topic result in anything other than a political conversation?
    Exactly. The whole thing is about the 2nd Amendment and the powers that be says we're not supposed to talk about it here.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Talk about the risk and danger of thirty or sixty thousand people in a confined area. Talk about the ramifications if things go sideways. Talk about the ten thousand that will be unarmed in the enclosed fenced area, and the thirty or seventy thousand that are well armed just outside the fenced area. Talk about paid agitators, or if someone gets knifed or someone drops firework in a confined area of thirty or eighty thousand people with firearms, who panic and stampede. This has "Twin Peaks" in Waco, Texas type set-up appearance all over it. Talk about how did this "GOOD" idea get coopted into a very bad set-up

If they lock the thread........well so be it.

Talk about the risk and danger of thirty or sixty thousand people in a confined area. Talk about the ramifications if things go sideways. Talk about the ten thousand that will be unarmed in the enclosed fenced area, and the thirty or seventy thousand that are well armed just outside the fenced area. Talk about paid agitators, or if someone gets knifed or someone drops firework in a confined area of thirty or eighty thousand people with firearms, who panic and stampede. This has "Twin Peaks" in Waco, Texas type set-up appearance all over it. Talk about how did this "GOOD" idea get coopted into a very bad set-up
    I just pray nobody brings a microwave oven...half the weel reggalauded militia's pacemakers could go kaput if so....
    "Ė Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Pretty morbid.
    ďI would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.Ē Physicist ― Richard Feynman

This shows you how much our rights are at risk. And donít think this is only about the 2nd amendment. The 2A isnít the only rights being infringed. Alaska isnít immune to this movement.

I seriously doubt there will be mass panic and or stampeding if an agitator sets off fireworks, stabs someone or even shoots someone. This is expected and everyone will be at full alert, cautious and ready but that doesnt mean they will panic or blindly start shooting.

My bigger fear is what would be happening if no one showed up, thank about that for a minute

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

If they lock the thread........well so be it.
    Indeed, "so be it".

It will serve to illustrate that there is no freedom of speech on Alaska Forums.

" I don't wanna talk about it" is not the best argument for Gun Control. It is for when all else fails.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Hkrjohn View Post
    This shows you how much our rights are at risk.
    This shows how bat**** crazy some people are.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    This shows how bat**** crazy some people are.
    That it does.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Supporting Member

I'm glad the mods have left this open.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Hawaii is considering limiting pistol magazines to 5 rounds. I am not an expert but never seen a 5 rounder. That could be an easy way to disrupt not only carry laws, but ownership. I hope for cool heads on all sides. The last thing we need as more people doing stupid acts.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    Hawaii is considering limiting pistol magazines to 5 rounds. I am not an expert but never seen a 5 rounder. That could be an easy way to disrupt not only carry laws, but ownership. I hope for cool heads on all sides. The last thing we need as more people doing stupid acts.
    NY has a similar restriction and issue. "
    The Act included a
    high-capacity magazine
    provision that has been found unconstitutional.
    [14]
    According to that language, beginning on April 15, 2013, only magazines with a capacity of seven rounds could legally be sold in New York.
    [11]
    The Act allowed the continued possession of ten-round magazines purchased before that date, but made it illegal to load more than seven rounds of ammunition into a ten-round magazine except "at an incorporated firing range or competition recognized by the
    National Rifle Association
    or
    International Handgun Metallic Silhouette"

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    NY has a similar restriction and issue. "
    The Act included a
    high-capacity magazine
    provision that has been found unconstitutional.
    [14]
    According to that language, beginning on April 15, 2013, only magazines with a capacity of seven rounds could legally be sold in New York.
    [11]
    The Act allowed the continued possession of ten-round magazines purchased before that date, but made it illegal to load more than seven rounds of ammunition into a ten-round magazine except "at an incorporated firing range or competition recognized by the
    National Rifle Association
    or
    International Handgun Metallic Silhouette"
    Because, as we all know, criminals and terrorists study and abide by those laws.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Because, as we all know, criminals and terrorists study and abide by those laws.

But, but, but arenít they supposed to? (Big ole heap of sarcasm). Trying to get your point across to many people is impossible. There was a shooting at a bar in TX this weekend and people were freaking out about laws. If 50% or more income is from alcohol at an establishment, no guns allowed. Criminals donít care- that is why they are criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    . If 50% or more income is from alcohol at an establishment, no guns allowed. .
    I donít believe this statement to be true. As I understand it, u can carry in any alcoholic establishment that serves food as long as the carrier does not imbibe, in Alaska.
    Can u provide the 50 percent rule?
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!
    WWG1WGA! QANON

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast