Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The VIRGINIA Gun RALLY

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    Personally, my number one reason for owning a gun is self protection from any thing that would harm me or my loved ones. Every other reason comes in second. I have much respect for the patriotic Americans that showed up to support that constitutionally guaranteed right and this web site and many others would not exist with out it unless it wanted to be a camping and bow hunting web site.

They are the kind of patriotic citizens that make this country great and separates us from the citizens in other countries that stare with big eyes and passively bow to who ever is in power, as their God given right to self protection is taken away. Those brave and patriotic Americans have my prayer support and I cheer them on!

Discussing the best gun and loads for self protection and hunting is great fodder for robust conversations, as it should be! Firearms and shooting firearms allows many web sites to receive income because it draws in members, viewers and advertisers, they make money from it. How interested in the Alaska Outdoors Forums would you be if guns were not a part of it?

Please God, warm up this frozen Kenai so I can go shooting!
    Here! Here!

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Supporting Member

Personally, my number one reason for owning a gun is self protection from any thing that would harm me or my loved ones. Every other reason comes in second. I have much respect for the patriotic Americans that showed up to support that constitutionally guaranteed right and this web site and many others would not exist with out it unless it wanted to be a camping and bow hunting web site.

They are the kind of patriotic citizens that make this country great and separates us from the citizens in other countries that stare with big eyes and passively bow to who ever is in power, as their God given right to self protection is taken away. Those brave and patriotic Americans have my prayer support and I cheer them on!

Discussing the best gun and loads for self protection and hunting is great fodder for robust conversations, as it should be! Firearms and shooting firearms allows many web sites to receive income because it draws in members, viewers and advertisers, they make money from it. How interested in the Alaska Outdoors Forums would you be if guns were not a part of it?

Amen, Brother.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    I don’t believe this statement to be true. As I understand it, u can carry in any alcoholic establishment that serves food as long as the carrier does not imbibe, in Alaska.
    Can u provide the 50 percent rule?

AS 11.61.220
    AS 11.61.220. Misconduct Involving Weapons in the Fifth Degree.

(2) knowingly possesses a loaded firearm on the person in any place where intoxicating liquor is sold for consumption on the premises;

(g) Misconduct involving weapons in the fifth degree is a class B misdemeanor.

Case law on the definition of "intoxicatint liquor":https://law.justia.com/cases/alaska/...5/a-403-0.html (summary, "if it has alcohol in it, it's intoxicating liquor"
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Supporting Member

Back to the Rally, and the purpose of this thread.....I'd like to ask the 'Mods" to let it run, and even start a category for topics like this. If our 2nd Amendment isn't important to this site, I don't know what is.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Akheloce View Post
    AS 11.61.220
    AS 11.61.220. Misconduct Involving Weapons in the Fifth Degree.
    (2) knowingly possesses a loaded firearm on the person in any place where intoxicating liquor is sold for consumption on the premises;
    (g) Misconduct involving weapons in the fifth degree is a class B misdemeanor.
    Case law on the definition of "intoxicatint liquor":https://law.justia.com/cases/alaska/...5/a-403-0.html (summary, "if it has alcohol in it, it's intoxicating liquor"
    except for this part.....?

C) the possession occurred at a place designated as a restaurant for the purposes of AS 04.16.049and the defendant did not consume intoxicating liquor at the place; “
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!
    WWG1WGA! QANON

Pretty sure these are what we call infringement...

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    I heard Joe Java say that the only way to know for sure is to look at the establishments license. My understanding is that it's legal to carry[*] in a restaurant that serves alcohol but not in a bar that serves food. In many cases there isn't any way to tell the difference without knowing what the place was licensed as.
    *Concealed carry, (handgun). And technically, the statute does not provide that it's legal to do so, only that if you're cited for doing so, the following conditions provide a defense:
    (1) an affirmative defense that
    (A) [Repealed, Sec. 7 ch 62 SLA 2003].
    (B) the loaded firearm was a concealed handgun as defined in AS 18.65.790; and
    (C) the possession occurred at a place designated as a restaurant for the purposes of AS 04.16.049 and the defendant did not consume intoxicating liquor at the place;
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Well spoken! You can pitch your tent next to mine anytime!

Well said. I had planned to but was not there, was tending to my sick 93 year old Mom in D.C. We DO have a house in Richmond, it's about a ten minute walk from the Capital. Don't you know one of the reasons we've moved from Connecticut to Virginia is because Connecticut adopted restrictive gun laws after the Sandy Hook shooting. I was none too happy to hear, that the year I moved, the state was considering laws mirroring Connecticut! Gun rights groups do "work the elected representatives" on "Lobby Days", and I used to do some of that in Connecticut so I'll contribute that way when I can, and try to make any subsequent event. I was very happy that the greater gun community pulled off a peaceful event, though I am looking to buy some property down-state in more gun-friendly counties...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123